Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving "Powered by Coppermine" to hard-coded XHTML  (Read 3337 times)

MaidenFan

• Coppermine newbie
Moving "Powered by Coppermine" to hard-coded XHTML
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:37:57 am »

OK, I have an install of Coppermine running at http://www.cwatson.org/gallery. For those who can't be bothered to read the explanation, my question is this: does it matter how the notice is displayed - i.e. if it should be output by Coppermine's PHP itself or manually written within the (X)HTML template?

The reason I ask is that I had an annoying problem with the layout and positioning of the "Powered by Coppermine" copyright notice - namely that it would look slightly better if it was incorporated into my own custom page footer (I designed the site first, then played around with the "Classic" theme with stylesheets and the like so that it fitted with the rest of the site).

So, after a bit of Googling, researching various things and playing with PHP, I managed to erase the "Powered by Coppermine" output from Coppermine itself, and then manually insert it back into the footer, where I wanted it, rather than where Coppermine plonked it, which was at the bottom of Coppermine, but not at the bottom of the page.

Any thoughts are appreciated :).

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Moving "Powered by Coppermine" to hard-coded XHTML
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 04:41:58 am »

I think that that is fine, since it serves its intended purpose of maintaining credit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.