Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Users upload into admin galleries ?  (Read 2118 times)

serval

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Users upload into admin galleries ?
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:12:38 pm »

Hi.. just noticed when new user signs up they need to create there own album folder before uploading photos.. is there a way so they can add files to existing album categories i have set up as admin ?? i did a search and found the following posted by Abass Ali..:

Log in as admin user. Click on "Albums" link. Then from the drop down of category list select "My Gallery". Create a new album in "My Gallery" category. Then go to "Upoad File" link. When you are asked to select the album in which you want to place the file, select the album you just created. That's it this album will appear in "User Galleries" like other users album.

Well i thought i would test this before posting.. and all it does it creates an album under - User galleries but users cant add to this as they need to create there own folder.. so is there a way round this so they can add to my folders ??

thx in advance..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 06:25:16 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Users upload into admin galleries ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 03:23:44 pm »

Set permissions on the groups page and in album properties.

serval

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 04:14:14 pm »

Hi nibbler thx for the quick reply.. the only thing is in album properties it only mentions " visitors upload files " which i dont want.. it needs to be registered users only.. also in groups - public albums upload is set to yes.. so im kinda confused as to what to change.. heres screeny of my groups..

bottom list is user rights.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 04:21:22 pm »

Set 'visitors can upload files' in album properties. Visitors does not mean unregistered users.

serval

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

ah ok.. yeah tested it out.. works a treat.. thx a lot for your time !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.