Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workflow - Image re-sizing  (Read 1843 times)

chas1745

• Coppermine newbie
Workflow - Image re-sizing
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:29:43 pm »

Hi,
now that I have Coppermine working'ish - I need to rethink my workflow.  I shoot in RAW, catalogue in Lightroom and then make any adjustments in Photoshop.   I used to just save the original RAW and the 'tweaked' version as TIFF.   Now I need to create a JPEG as well for my forthcoming gallery.
Has anyone developed / identified / created an 'action' or other tool to batch or otherwise simplify this whole process.
On a similar note - what is considered to be the best compromise for JPEGs for import to Coppermine in terms of quality and image size (in pixels)?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Chas.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Workflow - Image re-sizing
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 10:19:55 pm »

Both Photoshop as well as a load of other (less sophisticated) apps have batch-conversion. You might want to take a look at Irfan View (see tutorials section). There is no such thing as the "one" preferable resolution, but imo for use on the web, full-size images should not be larger than you average visitor's screen resolution, so 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 should be pretty OK. For the intermediate images, you have to make sure that the pic fits on everyone's screen, taking into account the overhead created by your theme's margin/padding. A safe value is 600 pixels max dimension, 800 are pretty OK if your theme is straightforward. Please keep the "one question per thread" policy in mind that you agreed to respect when signing up.
Both your questions are fully coppermine related and in no way photography-related, so you shouldn't have posted this thread in the sub-board "Photography > Tips/Tricks". Moving your thread accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:59:55 pm by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.