Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Problem with new server migration  (Read 2825 times)

artisticlight

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Problem with new server migration
« on: April 29, 2008, 12:57:50 am »

I read the steps needed to move cpg to a new server. I backed up my db using MyPhpAdmin, and backed up my entire site. I reloaded to my new site and had the hosting company load my db from the backup. I changed the permissions on the entire cpg directory, including albums, to 777. I changed include/config.inc.php to point to the new DB with the appropriate password and userid.

When I try to access cpg on the new server (http://artrevealed.net/cpg/) I get the following error...

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to UDB database !

MySQL said:

That is it. There is nothing after "MySQL said:".

To test what was going on installed a new copy of cpg on my new server and changed the config.inc.php file to point to my db just to see if it would connect. I get the same message as above. However, if I change config.inc.php to point to another set of tables in the same db by changing the table prefix, it will connect. You can see that here http://artrevealed.net/cpg2/. It looks all goofy because there aren't any albums in cpg2. I just point it to the same db as cpg.

If I try to connect to tables prefixed with "cpg_" it will not connect. If I connect to tables prefixed with "cpgWIP_" it will connect. The tables prefixed with "cpgWIP_" were created a while back when I was testing cpg. I updated the debug flag in the cpg_config table hoping it might give me a better error message, but it doesn't. I assume it really isn't connecting.

Any thoughts on what maybe wrong? The tables are large. There are over half a million records in cpg_hit_stats. I moved servers to access newer versions of PHP and MySQL. If those were issues I don't think I could connect to cpg or cpg2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:41:06 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Problem with new server migration
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:16:59 am »

Go to bridgemgr.php and disable the bridge. Then update your gallery and redo the bridge.

artisticlight

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Problem with new server migration
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:28:13 pm »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

That did the trick nibbler. I'm back up and running.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Problem with new server migration
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 06:10:31 pm »

An unrelated reply to this thread has been split into a separate thread. Locking.

@the moderator who split this thread: don't just split - make loose ends fit, or don't split at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.