Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everything seems to be ok but the files aren't uploaded  (Read 3486 times)

Ralf Night

• Coppermine regular visitor
Everything seems to be ok but the files aren't uploaded
« on: May 03, 2008, 10:21:37 pm »

The situation looks like this... I choose my picture, put ok, and it says: Your file is uploaded corectly, then i choose album, i click submit, and then i see "Your File wasn't put to albums good". Tell me what i have to do :) Thanks in advance :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Everything seems to be ok but the files aren't uploaded
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:02:14 pm »

RTFM. Sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues".

[Moderation]
Final warning for you: respect board rules or get banned. Board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up and have been told a thousand times already) say (among other things) that you're only allowed to post if you have read the docs and searched the board.
[/Moderation]

Ralf Night

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 11:39:47 am »

Thanks for the warn ;) but...

RTFM. Sections "upload troubleshooting"

I read it, and i have good CHMODs, and this errors don't show for me.

and "asking for support on upload issues".

I asked here? ;)

Ralf Night

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 04:48:11 pm »

So you don't know? And you told me that it is guaranteed that after upgrading from topic Yikes blablabla my gallery will work good! :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:30:42 am »

So you don't know?
This is not a hotline? Allow days for answers. I know for sure what you did: you haven't applied the sanitization thread properly.
And you told me that it is guaranteed that after upgrading from topic Yikes blablabla my gallery will work good! :(
I told you that you need to fully apply it. I didn't give any guarantees, because I can't know wether you have done that correctly, but judging from your previous postings you're probably lacking the skills.

You attitude really stinks - I have warned you often enough before, so this is it for you: you're banned from this forum for a week. Next ban will be permanent.

Kasiaaaaa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 12:01:02 pm »

I was helping my friend- Ralf, i'm english philologist and i am sure that he did it 100% correctly! I looked into topic with "Uploading Troubles" and any of these contains to Ralf's mistake... Anybody can help here or you are just able to say "you did it bad"?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 02:58:28 pm »

i am sure that he did it 100% correctly!
Sure. Let me quote the section I told you to read:
4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
I can't see a link to Ralph's page, nor can I see the test user account requested. Yeah, you really seem to have read it carefully ::).

I was helping my friend- Ralf
Ralf is currently banned. You're not allowed to ask questions for him, no matter wether you're a real person or just Ralf in disguise. Banned means what the name suggests. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.