Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get install.php to execute  (Read 3313 times)

Herb

• Coppermine newbie
    • DunnRight Photography
Can't get install.php to execute
« on: April 08, 2004, 09:07:12 am »

I need some help and don't know where else to turn.
First I do have phpNuke installed on the server but trying to run coppermine outside as a standalone. (phpNuke not running)

If this is not the appropriate place please forgive me and direct me to the correct place.

Otherwise if I can get some help it would be greately appreciated.
First I followed the documentation for unarchiving and uploaded version 1.1. CHMOD the directories to 777 and files to 666 and config files to 777. When I try to execute the install.php I get a  "HTTP 500 - Internal server error". I went back and re-did the  CHMOD on the off chance that I missed something and still no go.  I then came to this site to find a solution or at least some idea of where I'm missing it at.  Then found the Version 1.2.1 and downloaded that one, went back through the docs for the newer version, followed its instructions for uploaded and CHMOD then threw in a bit extra by CHMOD all directories to 777 (not the files though), went back and ran the install.php and got the same error as before.  Then I went to the error log for the server and found the following error:
[Wed Apr  7 23:34:13 2004] [error] [client IP address here] Premature end of script headers: /home/virtual/site109/fst/var/www/interpreters/php-script

I believe I've followed all the instruction properly but got to be missing something somewhere. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 09:20:26 am »

Error 500 or the other error you got usually means there's something fishy with your server. Make sure you have uploaded all files using the correct ftp mode (try "auto", if this fails try "ascii" for all php files and "binary" for all pics, like gif and jpg).
Create a phpinfo file as well to check if you have the minimum requirements on your server.
Specify more details about your server (self-hosted vs webhosted, OS, php version, image library etc.) - refer to http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=howtoask#howtoask

GauGau

Herb

• Coppermine newbie
    • DunnRight Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 09:33:30 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
Error 500 or the other error you got usually means there's something fishy with your server. Make sure you have uploaded all files using the correct ftp mode (try "auto", if this fails try "ascii" for all php files and "binary" for all pics, like gif and jpg).
Create a phpinfo file as well to check if you have the minimum requirements on your server.
Specify more details about your server (self-hosted vs webhosted, OS,

I've tried the auto mode just because someone here mentioned but usually do the ascii/binary switch depending on file types.. The server is webhosted (by doteasy) on a unix server. The phpNuke runs great when I tun it but want to try running without and this stand alone appears to be what I need. my website can be reached at http://www.gephoto.net/install.php   (index.php takes you to the phpnuke and index.html takes you to my old fashion html). The site isn't even up officially untill I get things layed out (new domain) so I can swing both ways for the time being.. Thanks again for your help. Especially the quick reply. BTW using wsFTP for the last several years.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 09:38:51 am »

did you really copy the coppermine files into the webroot, not some subfolder? Some webhosts configure their servers to show error 500 if a php is requested but not actually there (expected behaviour would be 404). I suggest uploading coppermine into a subfolder (e.g. "gallery") - you can later move the files to the webroot again (keeping the folder structure within coppermine intact).
If you really have coppermine inside your webroot, then coppermine's index.php file is missing, since the one in your webroot is nuke's index.php.

GauGau

Herb

• Coppermine newbie
    • DunnRight Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 09:42:14 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
did you really copy the coppermine files into the webroot, not some subfolder? Some webhosts configure their servers to show error 500 if a php is requested but not actually there (expected behaviour would be 404). I suggest uploading coppermine into a subfolder (e.g. "gallery") - you can later move the files to the webroot again (keeping the folder structure within coppermine intact).
If you really have coppermine inside your webroot, then coppermine's index.php file is missing, since the one in your webroot is nuke's index.php.

GauGau

Was just coming back to correct the URL... it is in fact in http://www.gephoto.net/gallery/install.php

Sorry for the earlier error

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 10:06:25 am »

you seem to have uploaded at least something, since I can see the documentation from the docs folder (http://www.gephoto.net/gallery/docs/index.htm), but there are broken images in it as well.

Some blind guesses:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.