Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: album key word feature  (Read 2275 times)

karipietila

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: album key word feature
« on: April 23, 2008, 09:23:00 am »

Is there a way to overcome the annoying feature when using album key word to transfer pictures between albums. Those "imported" by the album key wod feature are not taken into account in the album statistics. In the extreme case the album thumbnail may tell that the album is empty and accordingly does not show any album thumbnail picture. An example. I have a category "Nature Photographs" with an album "Bird Photography" into which my bird pictures actually are all imported. There are for example all my osprey pictures with a picture key word "osprey". Then I have a subcategory "Birds by species" where I have an album "Ospreys" with an album key word "osprey". All the osprey pictures show in the osprey album, but the album thumbnail tells that the album is empty. I can have an album thumbnail picture visible by actually importing one osprey picture into the album (or transferring one there). However, then the album thumbnail section tells there is only one osprey picture althoug opening the album shows all the osprey pictures. It may well be that there are many who do not open the album. Any suggestions how to overcome this?

Kari
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 01:31:10 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: album key word feature
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:02:38 am »

Turn "Show number of linked files" on in coppermine's config to fix the stats issue you have. There is no way to fix the album thumbnail issue you describe: if an album is empty (i.e. doesn't contain actual pics, but only linked ones), you can't choose a thumbnail for it. As a workaround, upload at least one "real" pic into the album. This is a known issue that is being covered in the docs, section "known issues".

karipietila

• Coppermine newbie
Re: album key word feature
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:50:07 am »

Turn "Show number of linked files" on in coppermine's config to fix the stats issue you have. There is no way to fix the album thumbnail issue you describe: if an album is empty (i.e. doesn't contain actual pics, but only linked ones), you can't choose a thumbnail for it. As a workaround, upload at least one "real" pic into the album. This is a known issue that is being covered in the docs, section "known issues".

Thanks,

That solvels the problem. Putting one "real" picture in is no problem. Sorry that I did not look the "known issues" carefully enough.

Kari
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.