Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: The previous file could not be placed. *different*  (Read 2493 times)

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: The previous file could not be placed. *different*
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:15:29 pm »

I saw the other thread, and searched, but didn't get anything that helped me on this one.

You upload the file, it says successful, select album, and get this message after you click continue. However, upon further investigation into the userpics directory, the file was not actually uploaded. My host changed, and i rolled the site into a tarball and migrated it to my new box. Managed to get the database over intact, somehow, and everything works, except you can't upload. I was receiving a different problem at first, when you initially tried to upload the file, but a chmod 777 on the albums folder fixed it. Also, there is no thumbnail when you are selecting the album to place it in. I have checked "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" setting, as well as other configs, and don't find anything out of the ordinary.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 07:34:32 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: The previous file could not be placed. *different*
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »

Not *different*, but always the same: not reading the docs before posting is lame.

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
Re: The previous file could not be placed. *different*
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:27:23 pm »

Sorry, I actually just found the issue. Image Magick was not installed on the new server, so when it was looking for it it couldn't create a thumb or intermediate file. I changed it to GD Version 2.x and it fixed it. Sorry, I placed *different* in the topic because there was another post right below it with identical error message, which I checked first, but the source of the problem was not the same.

But, this problem is fixed now. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.