Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Quick question  (Read 5248 times)

blueflameart

[Solved]: Quick question
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:21:59 pm »

First sorry to PM 2 of you on the board ... I'll remember to read the fine print 8)  sorry

I have 1.4.6 up and running and it's doing awesome, never a problem one ... with the hack that's going around should I upgrade even if I'm the only user plus the admin?  Only guests can view the albums, not a soul can log in as a member. Having said the above am I ok to continue or is the hack injected or ran without the hacker being logged in as a user and uploading? 

Thanks for the great software and for the advice.

Chad
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:04:54 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:28:48 pm »

Update. It's not negotiable :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:31:32 pm »

We would have posted that piece of information, something like "you don't have to upgrade if you're the only user on your gallery". As we haven't done this, you have to upgrade. It lies in the nature of the hack that it doesn't respect permissions, hence the need to upgrade. Hackers don't play by the rules, you know.
Questions like yours have been asked already - in the future, search before posting and use more intelligent thread subjects - the one you have chosen falls into the category "very silly subject", given the fact that this is a support board where people ask questions all the time.

blueflameart

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 12:02:39 am »

We would have posted that piece of information, something like "you don't have to upgrade if you're the only user on your gallery". As we haven't done this, you have to upgrade. It lies in the nature of the hack that it doesn't respect permissions, hence the need to upgrade. Hackers don't play by the rules, you know.
Questions like yours have been asked already - in the future, search before posting and use more intelligent thread subjects - the one you have chosen falls into the category "very silly subject", given the fact that this is a support board where people ask questions all the time.

Too damn funny .... after reading your board I must admit something and please do take this as a grain of salt which I'm sure you will. Your software is Freeware correct?  You've created a forum, that people such as myself can come and ask questions correct?  The main problem is your attitudes. I don't know you, your mods or any of your users but I can tell you that you should have registration closed. Talk amongst yourselves and let "newbies" like myself dig and dig a little more till we find what were looking for. You calling my very simple question "a very silly subject" gives every indication that you don't want to answer a very simple question. 

Another one - in the future, search before posting and use more intelligent thread subjects .. what would you have put in the subject? Again, a very condescending remark and another thing to let others know even more on just how fed up you are on answering questions.

After reading all your smartass remarks on giving support on this board, thoughts on Kharma and your crap answer to my question do yourself and everyone else a favor, leave the answers to people who like what they do or shut it down to only you and your devs. Support is for people that talk to someone instead of talking down to them. You want your software to be popular but there are plenty of newbies just like myself that find your lack of answering a simple question folly. Your the one that started a support forum, so friggin support it ... so the hell what if the same question gets asked 50,000 times, it's a support forum! Just give a link or better yet, just type a couple lines.

For the record I looked everywhere, searched your site and spent at least an hour before posting the question just to make sure I didn't waste your hard earned coding time. I'll do what any monkey could do and thats just start a quick gallery from scratch and not worry about your award winning software.

This would have done just fine -

... but adding this -

... just shows your a power hungry admin that likes to show his power in any instance given. Have at it king!  8)  Flame away as I won't have to read or respond to other's brash comments.

Nibbler

Re: [Solved]: Quick question
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 12:05:43 am »

Marking as solved. Have a nice day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.