Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending Email to Users  (Read 1949 times)

basicwiz

• Coppermine newbie
Sending Email to Users
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:26:48 am »

I am aware from old messages that some of the developers do not want to implement a way for the Administrator to send emails to the registered base, as they see this as an opportunity to spam.

That said, my own site uses Coppermine as the ONLY registered module, therefore, I have no other registration base from which to work. I need the ability to send a monthly newsletter to my users, and thus far have found no way to do this. Can anyone tell me of a way to either 1) extract a mailing list from the mysql database, and use a third party emailer to do this or 2) Mod Coppermine 1.4 to do it?

I am not a programmer, so I really need either clear mods that can be easily applied, or a standalone application to make this work.

Finally, I would ask the development team to reconsider adding this feature, as I can't be the only gallery master with this need.

Doug Rogers

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
Re: Sending Email to Users
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:06:47 am »

I am aware from old messages that some of the developers do not want to implement a way for the Administrator to send emails to the registered base, as they see this as an opportunity to spam.

That said, my own site uses Coppermine as the ONLY registered module, therefore, I have no other registration base from which to work. I need the ability to send a monthly newsletter to my users, and thus far have found no way to do this. Can anyone tell me of a way to either 1) extract a mailing list from the mysql database, and use a third party emailer to do this or 2) Mod Coppermine 1.4 to do it?

I am not a programmer, so I really need either clear mods that can be easily applied, or a standalone application to make this work.

Finally, I would ask the development team to reconsider adding this feature, as I can't be the only gallery master with this need.

Doug Rogers

It would be a pretty straightforward plugin to write.  If you can't write it yourself and it's worth it to you, you could post on the freelancers board with a budget and other requirements and see if anyone bites...

-Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.