Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!! MYSQL Database Question??  (Read 1889 times)

tcr1016

• Coppermine newbie
HELP!! MYSQL Database Question??
« on: April 19, 2008, 04:02:55 am »

I am installing oppermine and need to know if it uses alot of MYSQL space? My web host only allows 100mb of MYSQL space. Does the gallery store data in the MYSQL or just in the total webspace?? My webspace is 400G. Do I need more MYSQL or is 100mb more than enough? Where is all the users, pics, and thumbnails stored??

Thank you for your help.

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
Re: HELP!! MYSQL Database Question??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 05:45:02 am »

Pics (including thumbnails) are stored in your webspace (albums folder).  Pretty much everything else is stored in the database.  But you'd have to have a pretty huge gallery with large captions on each picture to begin to eat up that space...

-Tim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: HELP!! MYSQL Database Question??
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 12:50:11 pm »

Let me give you an example of the mySQL resources consumption: on my personal gallery with 13636 files in 318 albums and 31 categories with 308 comments viewed 557889 times the mySQL tables take up 76 MB. Coppermine stores the files you upload on the webspace. Only the path to the file is stored in the database, which are only a few bytes per record. However, the setup your webhost provides is ridiculous: 400 GB of webspace is a huge number that doesn't work well with such a small sized mySQL database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.