Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moving cpg install to a new server  (Read 2154 times)

capecodgal

• Coppermine frequent poster
moving cpg install to a new server
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:03:53 pm »

unfortunately we need to move one of our very large galleries to another server; I am putting this under installation as I figure thats the best spot as we will need to re-install it onto the new server.

our new host said the best thing to do is manually create all the table names in php admin then restore the backup file.... now of course I am trying to save us some time so what I need to know is couldn't we just run a new install of cpg on the new server to create the tables for us given that the sql user and pw are exactly the same this would work right? Then just restore to the sql backup to get all of our data back and manually upload all the files into the albums folder that were specific to our site and of course the theme.

or are we better off just naming the tables from scratch?

sorry if this is kind of a duh question- we just have yet to have to do this before- any advice would be much appreciated  ;D

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: moving cpg install to a new server
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 02:05:50 pm »

The FAQ, we all need it one time or later  ;)
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#moveGallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: moving cpg install to a new server
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:15:13 pm »

In other words: do NOT perform a fresh install on the new server, but upload your files there, restore the database dump, reflect your changes by editing http://your_new_domain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/include/config.inc.php with your new database details and you're done.
It's sort of frustrating that this has been asked (and answered) so often already that we even added an FAQ entry long time ago. Yet still nobody reads the FAQ nor searches the board. None of the supporters likes to answer the same question over and over agin, as we're not speaking parrots.

As you're definitely not supposed to perform a fresh install, this question doesn't belong into the install sub-board. Moving accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.