Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add Internet Explorer Error  (Read 7267 times)

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
Batch Add Internet Explorer Error
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:28:30 am »

Hi there. I looked down and saw this question was asked, but not the issue I have with it. Whenever I hit the Batch Add Photos button, it takes either forever to load, or when it does, I get an error message. The page is the "Internet Explorer Page Not Found". I hit the reload about six times and it won't. The only way I can get the page to load the 'searchnew' part it again stalls out and I get the "Internet Explorer Page Not Found" or it takes a full minute to get to the actual page.

Is there a fix for this? I have installed and updated 1.4.18 and thought this would cure it, but it's still doing it.

NWN
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.

ib2loud

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
Re: Batch Add Internet Explorer Error
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 03:36:58 pm »

I had a similar problem when I was using DreamHost, but since I've switched hosts, it runs fast and doesn't have the lag to go into the batch add part of the gallery.

Don't know if this helps but that's what I had to do.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:31:46 pm »

Documentation, section "asking for support on upload issues". Read! Do as suggested there.

nowordneeded

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 10:42:31 am »

I had a similar problem when I was using DreamHost, but since I've switched hosts, it runs fast and doesn't have the lag to go into the batch add part of the gallery.

Don't know if this helps but that's what I had to do.

I'm on Bravenet and it didn't used to be a problem until I upgraded to a higher version.

NWN

nowordneeded

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 10:45:50 am »

Documentation, section "asking for support on upload issues". Read! Do as suggested there.

I would, but there is no 'error' message to be seen. It's only on when I hit the Batch Add and it goes to:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
     Diagnose Connection Problems 

More information

I'm not sure that doing as YOU suggested would work. There is no 'error' message to speak of. Is there a patch for this?

NWN

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 11:28:54 am »

Let me quote the section "Asking for support on upload issues" of the docs that I want you to read:
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
I can't see where in your above postings you posted a link to your gallery. I also wasn't able to spot the non-admin test user account that you're supposed to post. Behaving difficult will not make it very likely that you will be able to solve your issues.

nowordneeded

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 01:02:26 am »

Let me quote the section "Asking for support on upload issues" of the docs that I want you to read:I can't see where in your above postings you posted a link to your gallery. I also wasn't able to spot the non-admin test user account that you're supposed to post. Behaving difficult will not make it very likely that you will be able to solve your issues.

Joachim:

I did not mean to sound like I was being difficult. I merely posted what I got when I kept trying to hit the batch add button. It's not a debug problem nor is it an issue I feel that needs a 'test user' account to be set up. There's no error per se that I'm getting. I posted that it takes too long for the screen to load and I have to refresh sometimes eight to ten times for it to load. I'm not sure what setting up a test user account would do in this case since I'm not receiving an error message. There's nothing coming up, the darned page just will not load until I hit it the many times I have to. All I'm asking is if there is a work around to increase the loading time and to stop it from throwing to the Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage screen. That's all I meant.

I was trying to accent that your workaround for setting up the test user account isn't what I felt was needed. I'm not having any upload issues. Sure it's with the Batch Upload feature, but once I get there, there is nothing wrong with the uploading. It's just getting there that is taking too much time. So I don't understand why you thought I was being difficult and gave me the negative karma. Again and let me be specific here: There are no upload problems. NOTHING. It's the problem of the batch upload screen takes too long to display. It has nothing to do with upload issues. I can upload fine, in fact perfect. It's the screen that I cannot access because it throws to the Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage as it times out. That was my question, not with uploads. I upgraded to 1.14.18 and all the functions run smoothly, just not the batch upload screen.

When I had an issue with the cat_add_mgr, Nibbler provided a file that fixed the problem perfectly. Is there a patch or a file that can assist in the quick uploading of this page? I'm currently using 1.14.18 on other sites I'm running and there isn't this issue. The gallery I am having the problems with this issue I started out with 1.14.10 and have upgraded each time a new stable version has come out. It's only been with the more recent versions I've had trouble with this issue. And again, it's not an upload issue.

Can you understand that? And if you thought I was being disrespectful, I was not.

NWN

ib2loud

• I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 01:47:18 am »

I still say it boils down to your host and the speeds of their server.

nowordneeded

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 03:01:36 am »

I still say it boils down to your host and the speeds of their server.

I'd understand that if other pages were having the same issue. But they're not. Only that one feature. All other pages on the gallery and the site load very quickly. Not this one page. All other pages in the gallery load in a timely manner. Why not this one? That's what I'm not getting. It can't be the speed of the server if only one feature is affected. Sorry to be such a pain, but this is really not making any sense.

NWN

ib2loud

• I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 03:43:18 am »

that's exactly how mine was on dreamhost, the gallery loaded fine, but the batch add didn't

now it's on a new host and works perfectly, so that's the only explanation I have.

nowordneeded

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:26 am »

that's exactly how mine was on dreamhost, the gallery loaded fine, but the batch add didn't

now it's on a new host and works perfectly, so that's the only explanation I have.

If I may ask, which new host is it?

NWN

ib2loud

• I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:06:24 pm »

I am with midphase now, way better than dreamhost in every aspect (so far)

if you are going to switch let me give you my referral (not trying to spam, but you know...)

there are plenty of good hosts out there though, I just had terrible luck with dreamhost

Alexa286

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 09:11:34 pm »

nowordneeded: Have you figured out a way to fix the problem? Because the same thing is happening to me (except I use firefox) but I tried in Explorer as well and it does the exact same thing.

Everything else in the gallery works perfectly fine..even when the batch add actually loads all the images will be added fine. It's just when I click batch add it takes forever to load (if it even loads at all) and in firefox a popup will come up saying 'opening searchnew.php' and it doesn't end up opening the page. With explorer it just brings me to a 'Cannot Display This Page' page.

Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this? It's driving me insane and I can't add anymore images with the batch add now and I really wish I had an answer?

Thanks to anyone who responds. 

ib2loud

• I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 04:09:25 am »

i still have no other answer other than the host...mine is still working fine with midphase and I have around 12k images in the gallery now

dreamhost just did exactly as you described

Alexa286

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 04:46:45 am »

I've never had a problem before with my host and I've been there for more than a year now..I have other galleries and they work perfectly fine, it's only one of them that's doing this. This has only started recently, a couple of months ago before that everything was perfect it uploaded fast the files added fast..nothing was wrong. I've even upgraded to the newest coppermine hoping the problem would go away after that but it just got worse.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep asking around

ib2loud

• I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 03:28:44 pm »

have you asked your host about the sql server to make sure it's not being overloaded within the last month?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.