Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can you refresh the public album upload list?  (Read 2436 times)

cherish

• Coppermine newbie
can you refresh the public album upload list?
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:23:09 am »

I have a gallery that allows all of the registered users to post to any of the public albums. Currently, I have to create a public album for each member so they can have a portfolio under their name. However, when they go to add their photos to their public album, they can not see recently added albums in the drop down menu to be able to contribute.

Can you refresh the public album upload list somewhere?

Also, is there a way where users can create their own public album so I don't have to do this manually for them?

Thanks in advance,

Cherish ;)
my link is: http://allianceofillustrators.org/portfolios/index.php

Nibbler

Re: can you refresh the public album upload list?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:56:34 pm »

It doesn't get 'refreshed' - it is always current. If albums are not displayed there then probably don't have the right permissions set.

cherish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:11:05 am »

Can you please be more specific, because it is not displaying properly as "current". All of the "registered" users group have full access to upload to the public folders. As a user, I can't upload to new albums and neither can the person who needs to put their art in that folder. However,I can put images in older folders. There is a conflict somewhere. . . I really need more direction on this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 07:49:55 am »

Also, is there a way where users can create their own public album so I don't have to do this manually for them?
No. Has been asked and answered countless times, answer remains the same. We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up btw.

my link is: http://allianceofillustrators.org/portfolios/index.php
Upgrade!

All of the "registered" users group have full access to upload to the public folders. As a user, I can't upload to new albums and neither can the person who needs to put their art in that folder. However,I can put images in older folders.
Reference to folders is irrelevant here. Uploads go into albums, not into folders.
Permissions to upload to public albums go by individual album. Go to album properties, enable "visitors can upload". Covered in the docs, read carefully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.