Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Plugins for 1.3.4... exist?  (Read 4312 times)

LFox

• Coppermine novice
[Solved]: Plugins for 1.3.4... exist?
« on: April 16, 2008, 05:49:04 pm »

Where can I download plugins for 1.3.4 ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 07:50:34 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Plugins for 1.3.4... exist?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 05:54:36 pm »

You can't. Update your gallery.

LFox

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:10:31 pm »

If I could...((( The reason is in modifications which I did at many files of gallery, and now I do not know how I can upgrade it, without the loss of this modifications...

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 07:09:39 pm »

If I could...((( The reason is in modifications which I did at many files of gallery, and now I do not know how I can upgrade it, without the loss of this modifications...

Take a look at the many "gallery was hacked" threads and decide if it's worth it to you to upgrade.  The version you are running has MANY known security holes in it.  If you don't upgrade it's only a matter of time...

If I were in your shoes, I would save off a copy of my modded gallery.  I would then upgrade to the current version (currently 1.4.18).  Then I'd use a diff engine to compare my modded version of 1.3.4 to the base 1.3.4.  Then I'd integrate these mods into 1.4.18 (this might not be as simple as just copying over the code, since things in the base code may well have changed significantly).

Might take a little time, but isn't it worth it to keep your gallery online and safe?

-Tim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:43:55 pm »

cpg1.3.x didn't come with a plugin API, so the initial question is invalid. You're not allowed to ask cpg1.3.x-related stuff here. Support for that version has run out long ago. As suggested: there is no alternative to upgrading!

LFox

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 09:00:16 pm »

I'll think about this... thanks for advices!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.