Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: flv player help.  (Read 6982 times)

hkr

• Coppermine novice
flv player help.
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:35:15 pm »

hi,
i installed the flv player,added file type using the file type editor, after uploading flv's the player buffers the video but it dosent start playing. what could be wrong?

thnx..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: flv player help.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:23:48 am »

Posting a link to your gallery might be a good start, as we're not mind readers.

hkr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:23:23 am »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:29:01 am »

This is the generated ouput:
Code: [Select]
<object id="SWFlash"  classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="285"><param name="autostart" value="true" /><param name="src" value="albums/testflv/Pulsar_Mania-_Awesome_TV_Commercial_of_Bajaj_Pulsar.flv" /><embed width="320" height="285" src="albums/testflv/Pulsar_Mania-_Awesome_TV_Commercial_of_Bajaj_Pulsar.flv" autostart="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" ></embed></object>Are you sure that it is correct?

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 10:37:21 am »

You might need to adjust your apache configuration; the file is being sent as 'text/plain'.

hkr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:49:18 am »

could you pls tell me what must I do in my apache config? I hav added flv to mime types already.

thnx..

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 10:49:44 am »

Ask your host.

hkr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:17:11 pm »

when i change the player type from "flash" to "window media player" the flv plays fine, but after that if i click on any link to go away from that page my browser freezes and crashes...any idea why this happens? thnx..

hkr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 02:11:23 pm »

My host said the foll to me when i asked them about streaming flv's

With bluehost you will have to use the progressive download option. It is one of the availible options when you insert and display an FLV file in your HTML documents using the Flash Video component. You will also have to add a mime type either with the mime type icon or via the htaccess file, the htaccess file will have this code when complete "AddType video/x-flv .flv", which it sounds like you've already done.

1. Progressive Download Video:
If you choose this video type, the video is downloaded to the user's hard drive, but starts playing the video before it finishes downloading. The video is downloaded from beginning to end, unless the user closes the connection before the download is complete. The user must have Flash Player 6 r65 (or greater) installed to see videos encoded with Sorensen Spark (included with Flash MX Professional 2004 and its standalone encoder). The user must have Flash Player 8 installed to see videos encoded with the On2 codec. For more information on which versions of Flash Player work with the different video codecs, search “on2 VP6 video codecâ€�(with quotes) in Macromedia Flash 8 Help (F1).

Note: The FLV video included with the article source files uses the Sorenson Spark codec, and can be viewed with Flash Player 6 r65 or greater.

2. Streaming Video: If you choose this option, the video starts playing after a short buffer period, when a small amount of data downloads to the computer to ensure smooth playback. You must have Macromedia Flash Media Server available if you select this option. The user must have Flash Player 6 (or greater) installed to see your video, assuming it uses the Sorenson Spark codec. This option will not work with bluehost as we do not have Flash Media Servers.

any advice?

thnx..

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 02:55:36 pm »

Add the mime type into the .htaccess file as suggested.

hkr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 03:59:30 pm »

I had already added flv to the mime types in .htaccess file.
i think there is sum issue with the player, since as i said earlier whn i try to view the flv's in windows media player it works fins,except when trying to move away from that page the browser freezes and crashes.

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
    • muvipix - Music | Video | Pictures
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 02:34:27 pm »

This is the generated ouput:
Code: [Select]
<object id="SWFlash"  classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="285"><param name="autostart" value="true" /><param name="src" value="albums/testflv/Pulsar_Mania-_Awesome_TV_Commercial_of_Bajaj_Pulsar.flv" /><embed width="320" height="285" src="albums/testflv/Pulsar_Mania-_Awesome_TV_Commercial_of_Bajaj_Pulsar.flv" autostart="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" ></embed></object>Are you sure that it is correct?

If you're talking about this mod here - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,43180.0.html

then, as Joachim pointed out, you failed to modify theme.php according to the instructions. The flv Player will not work with the basic Flash ActiveX code. Follow those instructions exactly and the player will work, I assure you.

Note: It would've been better to post your support request in that thread.

hkr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 03:18:05 pm »

the function theme_html_picture()  dosent exist in my themes/yourtheme/theme.php, could you pls tell me what exactly i must copy and where exactly in /yourtheme/theme.php  should i paste it?

thnx..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 07:46:44 am »

If a particular section doesn't exist in your custom theme, copy it from themes/sample/theme.php, as suggested in the docs: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_sample

claire19

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 03:29:29 am »

hello
i think the file theme.php is in include/theme.inc.php no ?
i installed the new version of coppermine and there is nothing in theme.php of my theme classic /

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 07:18:51 am »

No, that's wrong: the file include/themes.inc.php contains the defaults that you should keep untouched. Instead, do as I suggested and only copy the stuff you need to see changed from themes/sample/theme.php. Do not copy from include/themes.inc.php. Do not modify include/themes.inc.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.