Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SVN: Checking out a particular coppermine version  (Read 2996 times)

adipisicing

• Coppermine novice
SVN: Checking out a particular coppermine version
« on: April 16, 2008, 09:53:23 am »

Is there a simple way to check a particular stable release version out of Coppermine's Subversion repository? I haven't found tagged releases in /tags which is how I've seen other projects do it. Do you have some other convention I don't know about? I couldn't find anything relevant in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg15x/docs/dev_subversion.htm .

(Sorry if this is a development-y question rather than a support question. This seemed like the only place to ask questions of the developers.)
Unless otherwise noted, all code that I post on these forums to which I hold the copyright is released under the GPLv2.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: SVN: Checking out a particular coppermine version
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:11:18 am »

You're seeing this from the wrong aspect: a release is just a snapshot of a particular stage of the subversion repository. The repository itself is constantly evolving. Therefor, you can't extract a particular release from the subversion repository. You shouldn't use an older version than the most recent stable release (currently cpg1.4.18), that's why we hide older releases from the downloads page (yet they are still there). This being said: if you need an older version than the most current stable release, just download it - the naming scheme hasn't changed.
Version cpg1.4.18 can be downloaded by the following link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/coppermine/cpg1.4.18.zip
Therefor, you can download cpg1.4.12 by this link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/coppermine/cpg1.4.12.zip
What you can do is perform a checkout for a particular date or revision - read the subversion docs if you need that (that's dev-only stuff that goes unsupported, so I'm not going to explain this here).

You're refering to the documentation from cpg1.5.x, so let me add this: cpg1.5.x hasn't been released yet, so there is no package available at all that you could download. The only way to get the source code is checking out the subversion repository. That's what the page you refered to was meant to tell you.

adipisicing

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:22:49 pm »

OK, thank you, that's what I wanted to know. I'm trying to understand more about the Coppermine codebase, and I find revision history usually helps me do so for open source projects.

You're seeing this from the wrong aspect: a release is just a snapshot of a particular stage of the subversion repository.
Right, and many projects use tags in the repository to label these snapshots.

You're refering to the documentation from cpg1.5.x, so let me add this: cpg1.5.x hasn't been released yet, so there is no package available at all that you could download.
Understood. I just didn't see any documentation referring to the repository in the 1.4.x versions, and I figured prerelease documentation is better than none at all. :)

Thank you again!
Unless otherwise noted, all code that I post on these forums to which I hold the copyright is released under the GPLv2.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 07:23:53 pm »

Take a look at the changelog - there always is a date mentioned for the release. To check out a particular version, check out for the specific release date as a workaround. That's the equivalent of the tags that you refer to.
The SVN and the checkouts works the same way for cpg1.4.x as well as for cpg1.5.x, so looking this up in the dev docs was a bright idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.