Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate database entries with batch add  (Read 3915 times)

Jonathan

• Coppermine newbie
Duplicate database entries with batch add
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:43:51 pm »

Hello all. I seem to be having a common problem, but I haven't found any existing solutions for my problem. Occasionally, when performing a "Batch add files" operation, duplicate entries for a file will be made in the database, thus displaying the image twice in an the gallery. I say "duplicate entries" and not "duplicate files" because I see there are no extra files in my FTP folder, and the entries in the gallery are pointing to the same files, but they have different IDs, as can be seen in the PHP string. Furthermore, if I choose to delete one entry from the database, the files will be deleted, naturally, but the other entry remains behind, and all references to the image will be broken.

Here is an example: http://www.sf59fans.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=35

With the fifth and sixth entries you can see an example of the duplicate entry, and the seventh entry is an example of a broken entry left after deleting one duplicate.

I've performed the upload troubleshooting with HTTP upload, and there are no problems there (no error messages; no duplicates). I do not upload a crazy-large amount of files per folder; I'm not sure I've added more than ten at once. The filenames do not contain any funny characters. This issue seems to strike at random--sometimes batch adds will work without a problem, sometimes the add page will say all files were added successfully, but these duplicate entries will be created, and sometimes the add page will say "DP." Either way, I'm doing the exact same thing on my end each time.

Test account can be used at http://www.sf59fans.com/gallery/ with username "test" and password "test".

Jonathan

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Duplicate database entries with batch add
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:40:48 pm »

As I have received no support for this problem for over two months, is it safe for me to undo all the debugging required before making a support request?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Duplicate database entries with batch add
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 07:08:04 pm »

sure
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.