Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: viewMediaByPid - more than one Pid, added in order  (Read 6265 times)

freesouljah

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Can you feel the Love?
    • freesouljah.com
viewMediaByPid - more than one Pid, added in order
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:43:53 pm »

hello again  ;D

I don't know how difficult this will be or if it even possible to do...but its worth a shot to inquire about it anyway...

what I am hoping for is a way to display a changable amount of images by pids in cpmfetch...for instance, I may want to display images 12350 thru 12357 (12350,12351,12352, etc)...so that would be 7 images total...and what I want to have in the cpmfetch code is something like this:

$objCpm->cpm_viewMediaByPidS(12350,12357,$options);

I figured I would ask you first before I spend a bunch of hours fiddling with code trying to see if I could piece something together...

thanks
 8)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:17:08 pm by vuud »

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: viewMediaByPid - more than one Pid, added in order
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 12:17:36 am »

hello again  ;D

I don't know how difficult this will be or if it even possible to do...but its worth a shot to inquire about it anyway...

what I am hoping for is a way to display a changable amount of images by pids in cpmfetch...for instance, I may want to display images 12350 thru 12357 (12350,12351,12352, etc)...so that would be 7 images total...and what I want to have in the cpmfetch code is something like this:

$objCpm->cpm_viewMediaByPidS(12350,12357,$options);

I figured I would ask you first before I spend a bunch of hours fiddling with code trying to see if I could piece something together...

thanks
 8)

There is no way to do this now, but I will add it in.  however the syntax above will not work.  It will more likely be a variation on viewMediaByPid that takes either an integer (as it is now), or an array.

If you were going to roll your own on this for now - I would use the viewByPid to get back the image data (as a result set) - make a few calls and then render it all yourself.

Ouch - it sounded simpler in my head before I wrote it down

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

freesouljah

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Can you feel the Love?
    • freesouljah.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 12:32:58 am »

coolness...at least it is a possibility...although with my scripting knowledge, its going to be quite a learning experience trying to get it up and running...

I am going to try, and we shall see if I can accomplish it...let me know if you do end up coding it up...because you just might beat me to it...

peace

masterfork

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:29:20 pm »

I'm sorry for resurrecting such an old topic, but I thought it might be more logical since I am attempting to do the same thing.

I've looked in the code and mediabypid still defaults to one column and one row, so I'm guessing this feature hasn't been implemented yet. But I really don't know what I'm doing and it would take me some time to figure things out, so I turn to my overlords for assistance.

Any news on this?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.