Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappearing private albums possible database corruption  (Read 2273 times)

Halfhidden

Disappearing private albums possible database corruption
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:48:25 pm »

OK. I've noticed that private albums are disappearing and the pictures within them are ending up in the main gallery. This doesn't happen immediately, It's takes a day or so after the upload and then the pictures start one by one being moved into the main gallery. (always the same album in the main gallery). Sometimes just one or two images from a private albums are transferred other times the entire contents of a private album is transferred and then the private album vanishes. At first I thought that maybe a user error (accidental deletion) but only two admins (of which I'm one) has the right to delete private files and transfer, in any case the private users don't have upload rights to the main gallery.

Regards,
Steff

I've created an admin account (because you'll need access to the main gallery albums as well) and the user name and password will be passed through PM or email to authorised support members of Coppermine only.
I've set debug for admin and set the upload to 3 and no URI/URL Uploads

The web address is www.picturepenzance.co.uk
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 04:23:46 pm by Halfhidden »

Halfhidden

Re: Disappearing private albums possible database corruption
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:25:59 pm »

I've edited the database in mysql admin and put the pictures back into the original private albums. As an admin (in admin mode) when I tried to transfer the pictures from main gallery albums to private albums through the edit file information area I was only able to select albums in the main category, I was not able to transfer to private albums at all because none were available in the drop down list.
Although there is no reason why the pictures are ending up in the main gallery from their original uploaded private albums, I can at least explain the missing albums. One or two private albums had all of the picture transferred to the main gallery, that leaves the album empty and therefore is not visible (i think that's got me before that one).
So re addressing my problem correctly... I have files that mysteriously transfer from private albums to main gallery albums.... Anyone with any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
Steff
PS I'm using 1.4.17 but this became a problem whilst on 1.4.16
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.