Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Stop using Intermediate pics - Help Please  (Read 3170 times)

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
[Solved]: Stop using Intermediate pics - Help Please
« on: April 11, 2008, 11:32:15 pm »

Gallery as it is now:
thumbs = 100 x100 max
Intermediate = ON, 400x400 max
Max size for Originals = 2048 x 2048 max

What I want to change it to:
thumbs = no change
Intermediate = OFF, and delete the exisiting ones from server & database
Max size for pics displayed on Image View page = 800w x 600h max

I've been staring at the Admin. Utilities but remain totally confused on what I need to do and in what order. If I use the Delete Intermediate Images option, then the Original/Fullsize images will replace them on the Image View page, right? But since many of those Original images are larger than the 800x600 max I want displayed on the Image View page, will I be stuck with say, a 1584x1472 pic messing up the whole Image View page layout?

If there's no way in the script to deal with these large originals (that will take the place of Intermediates on the Image View page), could I download the big originals, delete them from the server and Gallery via Admin. Utils, resize them on my PC, and then re-upload them to the same place with the same file name? Basically, I'd be overwriting the existing big originals with smaller images, but I'm not sure if trying that will break the database somehow? Some of these pics have comments, ratings, etc, I don't want to lose.

Hope this all makes sense,
Thanks,
C
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:48:17 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Stop using Intermediate pics - Help Please
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:39:06 pm »

Change your intermediates size in config to 800 width or 600 height, rebuild intermediates in admin tools, delete originals in admin tools. Then disable creation of intermediates, set max upload dimensions to 800 width or 600 height and enable resize on upload for all.

Backup first of course.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:30 pm »

If you want to manually download-resize-upload then there's a feature in admin tools to fix up the db afterwards.

Colliope

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 01:11:18 am »

If you want to manually download-resize-upload then there's a feature in admin tools to fix up the db afterwards.

Heck no, lol! Doing it the hard way is only a last resort.
I'm going to try your advice in first post, it seems to make total sense now that someone's explained it.

Thanks,
C

Colliope

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »

I backed up first as you suggested, which was good because I did something dumb the first time I tried to resize the Intermediates. So I tried restoring the datbase via phpMyAdmin but kept getting a Fatal Error about exceeding 300 seconds... so couldn't do the restore. I ended up contacting my webhost who restored me from is end.
After that, on my second try, no dumb mistakes and your method worked just fine. Thankyou!

C

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.