Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Upgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.4.17 Help please  (Read 6662 times)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
[Solved]: Upgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.4.17 Help please
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:46 pm »

Hi I've read the upgrade docs, and for some reason I just can't get my head around them.  They make no sense to me.   It says,

"Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directory."  Ok I understand this bit.

Then it says,

"Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory."

So do I have to upload the "include/config.inc.php file" and the "anycontent.php file" ?  If so how do I stop it overwriting these?  Or like the "albums" directory", do I just not upload these two files?

Also I'm using the classic theme but I've changed the colours in the css file, will I just have to re-upload my version?

Lastly, do I have to turn off any mods before upgrading? and will they still work afterwards?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but this stuff scares me to death. ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 12:09:59 am by Nibbler »
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Nibbler

Re: Upgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.4.17 Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:31:48 pm »

Don't upload anycontent.php if you modified the one on the server. If you didn't modify the one on the server then it's ok to overwrite it. include/config.inc.php is not in the package anyway so not a problem.

If you did as suggested and renamed your theme to something else then themes won't be a problem. If you modified the classic theme then you need to re-apply your changes.

Any mods need to be reapplied. Plugins however should work fine - that is the preferred way to mod your gallery.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 10:47:08 pm »

Thanks for the help.

Don't think I've modified the anycontent.php.

What will happen to my bridge if I upload the bridge folder?   I have Coppermine bridged with SMF 1.1.4

And what about the plugins folder, does this have to be uploaded, as I have plugins installed that are not in the new folder.

Like I said, sorry for the dumb questions, but I really don't want to mess this up. ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:56:25 pm »

You'll be fine - the bridge file doesn't get changed when bridging is enabled - the bridging data are all stored in the database. So you should do as suggested and upload all files from the package except the ones mentioned explicitely.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:01:56 pm »

Thank you, I'll let you know how it goes.  ;)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 11:55:03 pm »

OK all went well, except, I have an issue with the star ratings, any ideas.  (screengrab attached)

You can view my gallery here http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 11:55:42 pm »

Re-upload the star images - they are probably corrupted.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 12:06:10 am »

Thanks, that fixed it.  Don't know why they got corrupted, but anyway it's working now. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.