Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with Installing  (Read 5593 times)

Pb1of6

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lyndhurst Photography
help with Installing
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:03:07 pm »

I am a novice at PHP  so take it easy on me  ;) I have downloaded and installed cmpFetch on my host which is currently running coppermine. When I run the install.php file everything was fine I got the CpmFetch Installer for release 2.0.0 page up with some of my images displayed and the text boxes which I copied and pasted into my homepage code
<?php
  include "./coppermine/cpmfetch/cpmfetch.php";
  $objCpm = new cpm("./coppermine/cpmfetch/cpmfetch_config.php");
  $objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia(1,4);
  $objCpm->cpm_close();
?>
my gallery directory is named coppermine.
The problem is all I get on my homepage is
Code: [Select]
cpm_viewLastAddedMedia(1,4); $objCpm->cpm_close(); ?>  I have tried making a new page blank page and inserting the copied code and still I get the same line of text.
Its got to be something simple I have overlooked............ is'nt it

thanks Pb
Never to old to learn

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
Re: help with Installing
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:23:44 pm »

I am a novice at PHP  so take it easy on me  ;) I have downloaded and installed cmpFetch on my host which is currently running coppermine. When I run the install.php file everything was fine I got the CpmFetch Installer for release 2.0.0 page up with some of my images displayed and the text boxes which I copied and pasted into my homepage code my gallery directory is named coppermine.
The problem is all I get on my homepage is
Code: [Select]
cpm_viewLastAddedMedia(1,4); $objCpm->cpm_close(); ?>  I have tried making a new page blank page and inserting the copied code and still I get the same line of text.
Its got to be something simple I have overlooked............ is'nt it

thanks Pb

Not to be too obvious (you said you're a newbie  :) ) but is your home page a php file, e.g. does it end in '.php'?  Most server setups won't parse .html or .htm files for php code unless you specifically tell them to. 

Try doing a "view source" on your home page -- I bet you see the whole php block, which you shouldn't, if it's being parsed as php.

-Tim

Pb1of6

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lyndhurst Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:34:41 pm »

Yes i can see the whole block
I was under the impression that cmpfetch would link from my homepage (html) to my coppermine gallery.
Never mind back to the drawing board, thanks Tim appreciate you fast response
Never to old to learn

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:03 pm »

Yes i can see the whole block
I was under the impression that cmpfetch would link from my homepage (html) to my coppermine gallery.
Never mind back to the drawing board, thanks Tim appreciate you fast response

Just rename your homepage to index.php and all should be well (you can set up a redirect from index.html for those who linked directly to the page).  If you can't/don't want to do that, you can config your server to parse all html files as php, although that's kind of inefficient if they're mostly not...

-Tim

Pb1of6

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lyndhurst Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 06:08:24 pm »

Thanks Tim that worked a treat  ;D I was looking around these forums and found another couple of mods which I have had "fun" trying to
get to work, dont know if you have seen them they are  similar to cmpfetch they were made by a contributor named rphMedia

http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=12299.0
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,44042.msg209409.html#msg209409

I have just put cmpfetch and the later of the above mods on a page http://www.lyndhurst-photography.com/
the other mod is on my Gallery http://www.lyndhurst-photography.com/coppermine/index.php

once again Tim  thanks for your help
Never to old to learn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.