Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Coppermine Blog?  (Read 2521 times)

commandercup

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Coppermine Blog?
« on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:40 am »

Is there anyway to setup a blogging function within coppermine rather then integrating coppermine with forums or wordpress or the like?

Is there a certain add-on or modification that I can get to make it so that I can post news nuggets or certain posts?

I'm running a coppermine photo gallery to display all my computer mod projects and would like to post work logs with chronologically ordered posts that detail what I did each time within the site.

I'd just like a little bit of the mainpage to be dedicated to the post or a couple posts.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 08:10:30 am by Joachim Müller »

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
Re: Coppermine Blog?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 04:09:28 am »

There's MiniCMS, which lets you attach arbitrary content to any category, or album page, plus create standalone content pages within Coppermine...

-Tim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 07:45:03 am »

You can create extra pages in the coppermine layout as well that contain the coppermine menu items and such stuff. Such a page could be used as well to come up with textual content. The feature that usually makes blogs tick (commenting and backlinks/pings) don't exist in coppermine though.

commandercup

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:42:07 pm »

is there anyway to integrate the comment system from coppermine and just use it on a minicms created page?

btw, thanks for the suggestion with minicms, its pretty much perfect.

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:35 pm »

Other than the fact that you can have MiniCMS content on a photo page, and then have comments on that photo (and the related MiniCMS content), I'm not aware of a mod to do exactly what you're asking...

-Tim

commandercup

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 09:54:22 pm »

Yeah I just figured that out

I was originally going to create seperate pages for the worklog... but your idea is better

However... the MiniCMS section appears on top of the pictures... is there anyway to put the pictures on top? The worklog is quite long while the picture box is relatively small..

Also, is there anyway to mod MiniCMS entries into making it so that I can show only a small part and open it up? It takes up a lot of space so its hard to see anything else on the page.

I'm talking about something like a "Read More" button which will just expand the information or even refresh the page

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 08:10:19 am »

MiniCMS doesn't get supported here, but only on cpg-contrib.org, particularly http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?board=2.0, as suggested in the announcement thread:
Support for any CPG-contrib project such as MiniCMS is available on the  CPG-contrib boards.
Please note though that this plugin does not get supported on coppermine-gallery.net (that's why this thread is locked), but only on the correspoding support board on cpg-contrib.org.
Your initial question has been solved, marking thread accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.