Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery Configuration looses settings and thumbnails gone badly pixelated  (Read 6839 times)

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

Hello.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from my mod where she attached this picture of the gallery [see attached dderror2.jpg]. It seemed that suddenly over night my gallery has lost it's regular thumbnails (the new ones are badly pixelated and seems smaller as well) and it no longer holds it's usual 5x10 columns and rows.

All she had done earlier was rename two albums. All I had done earlier was log into Gallery Configuration to take a look to see which version vdg had of coppermine as I was about to upgrade another album (on the same server). The other website isn't affected (rammimages.com) so I know the database or PHP versions is not the problem.
PHP version     4.4.7
MySQL version     4.0.27-standard
Operating system     Linux

But when I now tried to change settings in Gallery Configuration it seems they took. The site now has more than one thumbnail per category on the frontpage and in the other albums http://vindieselgallery.net/gallery/

But the thumbnails? Why is the config setting Size of thumbnails in pixels under Album list view suddenly set to 70?! I changed it back to 100 but the images still look crappy. I felt pretty sure that my server host installed imagemagick for me but I can't find it anywhere in the root directory (I have a VPS) so instead it's GD 2.x

Is my only option to fix this to go through Admin Tools and:

Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1)
What should be updated (2):
Only thumbnails
Only resized pictures
Both thumbnails and resized pictures
Number of processed images per click (45)
(Try setting this option lower if you experience timeout problems)

I've searched here but the only thing that I could find related is Camisado whom I suspect have the some problem as me http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51774.0.html

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

I can't find anywhere to edit so pardon for the reply, but thought I needed to tell which version of Coppermine I have since I forgot to actually mention that *sigh*

Gallery Configuration - Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.16 (stable)

Nibbler

You need to update your gallery and then fix the incorrect settings. The distortion seems to be caused by a change in the 'Use dimension ( width or height or Max aspect for thumbnail )' setting. If that is the case then just change it back and you shouldn't need to rebuild.

See the 1.4.17 announcement thread.

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the reply. I've now updated the gallery to 4.17 but the thumbnails are still crappy.

The /versioncheck.php gave me this:

include/imageObjectGD.class.php   1.4.17   1.4.17   4378   4311

Development version
The file on your webserver seems to be newer than your Coppermine version. You are either using a development file (you should only do so if you know what you are doing), or you have upgraded your Coppermine install and not uploaded include/init.inc.php

you have upgraded your Coppermine install and not uploaded include/init.inc.php
- it's inlcuded allright. I uploaded twice to be on the safe side and versionchecked again. But I still get this in yellow.

Does this matter? Or is it somewhere else I need to look? My gallery config is back to it's original settings and that didn't fix the thumbnails.

Or should I just give up trying to find why the thumbs are pixelated and just redo each and every one? ( I have just about 10 000 images so I really really hope not )

steveeh131047

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for that. 1 issue solved

... now it's just the rest

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

Okay, honestly - *beep* is going on? I upgraded and everything as was suggested to 1.4.17 and the site looked fine except the thumbnails a few hours ago. Then I look at the site again ... about an hour ago and I figure I have a bad memory and that I never went into the Gallery config and changed the Number of columns + rows on thumbnail page. So I fixed it. And it looked fine - 5x10 as I set it.

I look at it now and it's back to one image again?! (see attached image in first post). The hell?

I changed it again but if it didn't stick the first two times I doubt it will now. I'm back to the original problem again.

These quirks definitely make me weary about whether I must start to exchange every thumbnail through Admin Tools because all that work might just be undone like that. (I have visitors asking me *beep* is up with the site and I'd like to fix the visible problems = thumbnails)

Help anyone?

steveeh131047

• Supporter

Sounds like you may have the same problem others are suffering. If you've not already done so, read the recent postings on:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51671.100.html

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

I sure hope not as all my site does is change it's config settings (which atm seems to hold from when I changed them lasttime) and not the redirect.

When I updated the gallery I deleted all files (except albums and config) before copying over the fresh ones from the 1.4.17 so it should have taken care of any problems I should think... no new admins but me and my mod. Changed the passwords anyway.

I'll keep my eye on it and see what happens. Otherwise it really is the admin tools to fix the thumbnails for me  :*(

steveeh131047

• Supporter

I hope not, too, but the most recent postings from mr.goose on that thread relate to unexplained config changes rather than redirects.

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

Well no more problems with the gallery config resetting.

But instead when I try to use the Admin Tools to change my thumbnails back to their "glory" it doesn't "take".

The settings in Gallery config Size of thumbnails in pixels is set to 100px again and in Admin Tools I go to Rebuild or resize intermediate pictures and thumbnails and there I choose What should be updated - Only thumbnails

But still after I run through 45 pictures several times and different albums (which appears to be working fine) I still get the 80px thumbnails stretching out to try and be 100px when I view them and ergo badly pixelated.

I've cleaned browsercache incase that was a problem. I've then went into my FTP and checked and they are definitely still only 80px and yet Admin tools says
albums/babylonad/behind the scenes/thumb_babylonshoot09.jpg updated succesfully !
albums/babylonad/behind the scenes/thumb_babylonshoot15.jpg updated succesfully !
albums/babylonad/behind the scenes/thumb_babylonshoot04.jpg updated succesfully !
etcetera
http://vindieselgallery.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=287

What am i doing wrong? Where do I start looking for the root of the problem?

Fudgemaster

• Coppermine novice
    • Trackdays, Car shows, Nature and some misc photos

Make sure that the site isn't hacked :)

I had some similiar kind of problems on one of my coppermines...
It turned out that somehow someone had been able to upload a .zip (no uploads
allowed for others than admin) that was then was set as a custom footer/header
(don't remember wich one).

Check the config, useruploads folder, and database logs!
--
It's an insane world.. But I'm proud to be a part of it.

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

Thank you Fudgemaster!

I thought I had looked through everything but as you said there was a change in the config file regarding custom footer/header .inc files and I foolishly thought it a fluke as it linked to my hotlinking redirect image. Instead when I found it inside userpicsfolder there was the same code everyone mentioned hiding inside the image (easily see with my ftp WinSCP and rightclick Edit).

Hopefully it will now fix everything. I'm updating again to 1.4.17, changed passwords with extra help of PC Tools Secure Password Generator http://www.pctools.com/guides/password/ and I keep my fingers crossed this will be it. Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten to keep my own theme on the ftp this time around.

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

Ok, so I'm using Admin Tools but it only fixes some thumbnails. When I look in the FTP it appears that the thumbnails it actually works on have permission set to 666. The ones I can get to work (they're still 80px no matter what Admin Tools says about updated successfully) are 644.

So, do I have to go in and change permission to 666 on every thumbnail in ever folder? Or is there a shortcut to fix the thumbnails back to their supposedly 100px before the hack fuckup?

Can the hands-on permission change screw anything up?

vdg.net

• Coppermine newbie

I ought to mention as well that I just realised in the gallery config it still says Default mode for files -- 666

So permission changing to that manually via FTP shouldn't be a problem then, should it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.