Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Gallery Really Screwed Up!  (Read 9793 times)

gymnastdude182

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Solved]: Gallery Really Screwed Up!
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:23:24 pm »

Hi there --- I log on to my gallery http://www.britneyres.com/index.php this morning, and the tables seemed to be messed up, and I can't batch add pictures (I did CHMOD to 777). I get the error "Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image."

I enabled debug mode, and checked the forum first for these errors but found nothing relevant.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:41:00 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Gallery Really Screwed Up!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:59:04 am »

I enabled debug mode, and checked the forum first for these errors but found nothing relevant.
Really? All threads similar to yours contain the same reply by supporters: do exactly as suggested in the docs, sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues", so you should do that.
Moving.

gymnastdude182

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:03:24 pm »

the documents havn't seem to tell me why the gallery won't add pictures that are bigger than around 400 px in height. Will not make the normal_ file for them either.

gymnastdude182

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:39:40 pm »

also user "marian" told me:
If you haven't solved ur problem posting again here might help. cdpuvbhfzz.com-What do I do?

seems that is a hacking site.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:50 am »

the documents havn't seem to tell me why the gallery won't add pictures that are bigger than around 400 px in height. Will not make the normal_ file for them either.
Re-read and do as suggested.

also user "marian" told me:
If you haven't solved ur problem posting again here might help. cdpuvbhfzz.com-What do I do?
seems that is a hacking site.
There is a sticky thread about that hacking site as well as thread that contains instructions how to fix this. Do as suggested there.

gymnastdude182

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:34:36 am »

I read the document, and did the debug stuff that it asked, but I didn't see my error on that page.

Not sure why my gallery doesn't make the normal_ files anymore, and when it does, it's invisible and 696bytes.

Please help not sure what to do or who to turn to.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 08:42:24 am »

I read the document, and did the debug stuff that it asked, but I didn't see my error on that page.
I already told you twice to re-read the docs section that I refered to initially. Let me quote those sections for you, highlighting the parts that you keep on ignoring:
Asking for support on upload issues
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
I can not see the test user account in your postings. Are you trying to be difficult, or is it just that you haven't read the sections I refered to? Why do you make it so hard for supporters? Do we have to fall on our knees and beg for the information we need to provide support?

Additionally, you're still running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.18. You need to upgrade. If you git hacked, you need to perform the sanitization that I already refered to. Ignoring my advise and insisting on stuff like "not being able to upload files with a higher resolution than 400 pixels" is totally irrelevant in your case. You need to upgrade! Now! No excuses, no lame arguments! Do it!

gymnastdude182

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:12:33 am »

www.britneyres.com

tester123 / tester123

error is when I try to batch add pictures. it will not create the "normal_" file. I have been having to manually make them myself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:41 am »

You're still running cpg1.4.10 - you haven't upgraded as I suggested. I'm not willing to look into your issues untill you have upgraded.

gymnastdude182

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 03:30:10 pm »

Please man --- I can't afford someone to upgrade the gallery quite yet --- don't trust myself to do it. I will do it asap, just need to fix this issue first.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 06:55:17 pm »

Nope, I won't look into issues that may be caused by your reluctance to upgrade. You appear not to understand the seriousness of the issue: you must upgrade immediately for security reasons - your entire website is at stake.
If you have issues upgrading, start a separate thread and ask for support, but don't just post "someone please upgrade my gallery". Upgrading is dead easy - you shouldn't rely on someone else to do this. Read the upgrading section of the docs and do as suggested there. If you can't follow those easy steps, you should really review the overall idea to run a website of your own. I'm not saying this to put you down - I mean it. There are minimum requirements for coppermine: both on technological level (minimum server requirements etc.) as well as on personal level: you need a certain level of computer skills to run and maintain a website of your own. This includes the ability to follow the upgrading steps, as they are very easy to follow.
This is not a matter of my personal taste nor your personal taste - and I don't care wether you can afford to hire someone to perform the upgrade for you. None of the devs nor of your fellow coppermine website owners has been born with the skills to run and maintain a gallery - they all had to go through a learning process; it's about time for you to start reading the docs.

gymnastdude182

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 11:20:29 pm »

ok...

gymnastdude182

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 02:39:20 am »

ok I upgraded. still gives me the same error.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 07:16:15 am »

You haven't set the number of file upload fields properly for the group the test user account is in. You're supposed to set it to 1, although it is set to 5. The same is the case for the number of URI upload fields. It's supposed to be set to 0, you have set it to 3.
Again you have failed to do exactly as suggested in the docs - you play games with support once more. Sigh. Do as I suggested, then reply accordingly.

gymnastdude182

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 07:52:31 am »

o ok thanks! yes I set them to what you suggested.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 07:58:38 am »

I get the error message
You don't have permission to perform this operation
, which is not a genuine coppermine error message - must be related to a custom modification of yours. Probably related to the fact the the upload link is missing in your menu as well. Can't help you with that unless you undo that custom mod.

gymnastdude182

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 08:11:01 am »

I upgraded today. Havn't added any mods in. Only thing I could think of is the captcha.php???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 09:14:51 am »

The captcha plugin doesn't have an impact on the upload process afaik. Do you have any other plugins installed that could interfere?

gymnastdude182

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 10:09:45 am »

the only other thing i added was a thumbnail size script to make all the thumbnails appear to be 80x94px in include/functions.inc.php
if ($max == $CONFIG['thumb_width']) $image_size['geom'] = 'width="80" height="94"';

above

// Prints thumbnails of pictures in an album

/**
 * display_thumbnails()
 * Generates data to display thumbnails of pictures in an album

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 10:27:02 am »

That doesn't explain the error message.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.