Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category/Album Issue - Need Clarification  (Read 1784 times)

CodeZero

• Coppermine newbie
Category/Album Issue - Need Clarification
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:28:02 pm »

Hey Everyone,

First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to offer assistance with this.

The gallery is located at www.nightparanormal.com/gallery

What I'm trying to do is this:

I want the investigations for the team to have seperate galleries. Just like it looks now actually. However I want to be able to seperate the images and the video and/or audio just below the top-level album name. I want to be able to use a picture to represent the album though like it is now as well.

Any ideas on how to sort this out best would be great!

Thanks in advance!

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
Re: Category/Album Issue - Need Clarification
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:49:20 pm »

If I understand what you're asking, you can use categories and subcategories.  By default categories don't have a thumbnail image, but you can assign one to any category in the Category page.

So, for example, create a Category called "The Screaming Bridge", and separate the MP3's into one album and the pics into another (and video into a third, if applicable), and place these albums in this category.  Then assign thumbnail images to each album and category.

-Tim

CodeZero

• Coppermine newbie
[SOLVED] Re: Category/Album Issue - Need Clarification
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:18:58 pm »

Aha! Thank you... I wasn't sure if that would work since I couldn't figure out how to assign images to the top level categories, just the albums themselves. I'll do some searching on the forums here to figure out the rest.

Thank you so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.