Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Problem with Exact Thumbs Setting  (Read 3783 times)

Janine83

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Problem with Exact Thumbs Setting
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:09:51 pm »

Hey guys, I recently started using the fantastic Stramm modpack at my site www.oth-caps.com and everything was working fine. All the caps I uploaded had a resolution of 1280x720 pixels and I set the thumb setting to "exact" with a width of 130 and a height of 73. No problems until now because the most recent caps I uploaded have a resolution of 1280x960 pixels.

As you can see on the main site (and in the caps below), these thumbs show up with 130x98 instead of 130x73 but only if I use the setting "exact". I switched to "width" and suddenly they showed up correctly. They even show up fine when I click on "edit files" next to an album if using the "exact" setting. They just look weird and stretched in the albums.

I tried playing around with several files, including theme.php. I switched to another them but still the same error. I ran update.php and whatnot but couldn't figure out why the script would use 98 instead of the specified 73. I can only suspect that it wants to stick to the caps' original aspect ratio of 1280x960 pixels. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

I have included a bunch screencaps, so you can see what my problem is:

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment 01.jpg [/Edit]
these are my settings for the thumbs

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment 02.jpg [/Edit]
here you can see the latest thumbs are weirdly stretched

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment 03.jpg [/Edit]
but they show up fine and with the correct aspect ratio when clicking on "edit files"

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment 04.jpg [/Edit]
this is how the thumbs look when I switch from "exact" to "width" - they show up with the correct aspect ratio
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:39:42 pm by Joachim Müller »

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Problem with Exact Thumbs Setting
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:49:01 pm »

Looks to me like you haven't uploaded all modpack files... reupload the modpack overwriting the existing files

Janine83

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Problem with Exact Thumbs Setting
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:04:22 pm »

Thanks for the fast answer.
I knew it would be something easy to fix, but this easy is even better.
I had problems with my ftp and had to overwrite and upload the modpack files twice. Apparently the only file that didn't get overwritten was functions.inc, so now it went through and all is working. Thank you so much. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.