Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browser message on upload function  (Read 3947 times)

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
Browser message on upload function
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:44:57 pm »

Hi, I hope you can help. I've followed your instructions and set the upload parameters to file upload only with one file at a time. The URi/URL function is off (although this has been working without a problem!). I get he following error message in the browser, whether using Safari or IE (I'm on Windows XP):

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.glasheen.co.uk/image-gallery/db_input.php”. The error was: “unknown error” ((null):10053) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Help menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

So you can investigate, I've created a user with the name of Tester, and a password of testing. The group has no size quota and the file size max is 50000 (please advise what the max should be once fixed, this was set as such for testing purposes only).

I hope this is enough for you to help, please let me know if not...

JG

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Browser message on upload function
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 02:15:24 pm »

I hope this is enough for you to help
No, it's not. Read up the documentation, section "asking for support on upload issues".

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:09:21 pm »

Thank, I've had another look at Trouble-shooting the upload process and having looked at the phpinfo file, I can see that there's no value specified in the upload_tmp_dir parameter. Is this the problem? Also, open_basedir has this value: /home/glasheenuk/public_html which I can't get too. Everything else under the upload section seems set correctly.

Can you help me get to the right files to sort this out?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:05:58 pm »

Read up the documentation, section "asking for support on upload issues".
Let me quote that section for you:
4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
I can't spot in your posting the link to your gallery nor the test user account. What do you expect? Do as I suggested! >:(

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 09:27:14 pm »

OK sorry...

The site gallery URL is:

http://www.glasheen.co.uk/image-gallery/index.php?cat=10003

Username: Tester
PW: testing

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 10:34:31 pm »

Upgrade! You're running cpg1.4.8, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.16, so you're running 8 versions behind. There is a reason why we release new versions...

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 12:13:17 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,50053.msg240843.html#msg240843

-Tim

Oops, I clicked submit before I remembered to add that I tried uploading a photo to your gallery, and got the message mentioned in the thread above (rather than the one mentioned in your original post here).

-Tim

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 12:40:57 am »

Thanks Tim,

I've sent a request to the hosts to up the upload_max_filesize and create a dir for temporary files.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 07:13:02 am »

It's mandatory that you upgrade no matter what!

James Glasheen

• Coppermine novice
    • South East Art
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 07:28:13 am »

I upgraded yesterday, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.