Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: stupid template problems...  (Read 4520 times)

nocturnal

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: stupid template problems...
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:08:29 pm »

I know I’m probably missing something relatively blatant... but for the life of me there's one area of my template that I can't change the color of. And yes... I downloaded and am using the "web accessibility bar" to no avail. The area I can't seem to find in the .css file is the area behind the nav bar and main window.

To see what I’m talking about look here: http://www.iriebean.com/photos/index.php?theme=irie_bean. I'm trying to make Coppermine match the rest of my site (you can navigate around to see what I’m trying to do, which is basically to turn the white part of the screen to the light tan color (#D1BD8B).

A related issue I'm having with the template is taking out the space between my custom header, and the bar in the main window that says: "52 files in 5 albums" so that my nav lies directly on top of that bar. (I moved {CUSTOM_HEADER} to just before {GALLERY} in my template, but i'm guessing {GALLERY} must have a space before it... What file does {GALLERY} pull from so I can edit it and take out that line?)

Anyone know what I'm missing here? I know these are pretty rudimentary problems, but after reading all through the forum and going through pages of .php I’m at wits end. I’d appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!
Brad
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:16:36 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: stupid template problems...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:25:51 pm »

I don't see any white part - maybe you already fixed that. The space looks like the spacer at the end of the catlist. You don't have any categories so you can remove catlist from the 'contents of the main page' setting in config.

steveeh131047

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:48:38 pm »

Brad,

If I've understood properly what you're trying to do, the colour definition you're after is in the HTML template, not in the stylesheet. This also fooled me for a while!

Find the <table> tag in template.html which contains the {GAL_NAME}{GAL_DESCRIPTION}{SUB_MENU} tokens etc and look for the first <td> tag. It defines a background colour of white. Try changing this to your #D1BD8B color.

Steve

nocturnal

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 11:56:36 pm »

Good call on the Categories! Though there's still about a pixel size space left over... any idea where that's coming from? (yeah, I know I'm being picky... sorry). All that I have left for "content of the main page" is: "breadcrumb/alblist". Any ideas where that pixel is coming from?

Really... no white? What browser are you using? I have white behind where it says "Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery" all the way around the red border and up over {GAL_NAME}. I see white using IE7 and Firefox

This is what I'm seeing:
[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attchment [/Edit]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:27:33 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 12:00:35 am »

Doesn't look white to me, maybe just my screen or my eyes playing tricks :).

Steve answered that one anyway - the colour's in the template.html.

You can add a margin-bottom: -1px to your custom header's table to remove that 1px gap.

nocturnal

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 12:04:05 am »

Find the <table> tag in template.html which contains the {GAL_NAME}{GAL_DESCRIPTION}{SUB_MENU} tokens etc and look for the first <td> tag. It defines a background colour of white. Try changing this to your #D1BD8B color.

You were right on! Thanks Steve! I can't believe I missed that <td> tag... must have been staring at code for way too long.

Ok... so, anyone know anything about that tiny space between my nav and the "# files in # albums" bar?

Thanks again everyone... you guys are life savers!

-Brad

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 12:06:40 am »

Already answered that. You probably want to fix the search page too - change the 60% to 100% in the pageheader() call in search.php.

steveeh131047

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 12:13:10 am »

Brad,

Not sure if I'm saying the same as Nibbler, but try altering the .maintable margin-top from 1px to 0 (stylesheet line 152 or thereabouts)

Steve

nocturnal

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:14:55 am »

Damn, you guys are fixing my problems faster then I can type! Thanks both to Steve and Nibbler, you've both saved me hours of sitting in front of my computer.

I still have some minor spacing problems here and there, but I'll fix them as I come to them, I'm just glad to have a template that looks like the rest of my site!

Thanks Guys!

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:16:00 am »

Brad,

Not sure if I'm saying the same as Nibbler, but try altering the .maintable margin-top from 1px to 0 (stylesheet line 152 or thereabouts)

Steve

Yeah, that's actually a better suggestion than mine. :)

steveeh131047

• Supporter
Re: [Solved]: stupid template problems...
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 12:18:59 am »

Brad,

Don't expect this lightning response all the time ...... I've got Mother-in-Law staying for two weeks so I'm "taking refuge" in front of the PC at the moment :)

Steve

nocturnal

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: stupid template problems...
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 12:29:12 am »

Brad,

Don't expect this lightning response all the time ...... I've got Mother-in-Law staying for two weeks so I'm "taking refuge" in front of the PC at the moment :)

Steve

Well, God Bless your Mother-in-Law!  ;D  Even though you probably don't feel the same way.. Hahaha

Good luck with that!
-Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.