Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging to more than one gallery  (Read 1798 times)

Halfhidden

Bridging to more than one gallery
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:42:07 pm »

This sounds nuts, I know but I need to know the answer to the following question.
I have a Coppermine gallery that has about 350 members and growing fast. The Coppermine gallery is all about one subject (my home town) however, I have been supplied with pictures and stories that I've decided should go in sister site (which I will launch under a different domain name but hosted on the same server) The sister site has pictures of the wider area but doesn't include my home town. Is it possible to share the same user name and passwords within the sql database of the members from one site to another. The reason for this is that users who become members of one site automatically become members of the other. I understand that this might not be possible or throw up to many issues. I'd thought I'de ask anyway.

Regards,
Steff

Nibbler

Re: Bridging to more than one gallery
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:09:13 pm »

You can make them share the same users table by editing include/init.inc.php. Try searching the board for where this is described in detail. This is not bridging.

Halfhidden

Re: Bridging to more than one gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:10:26 pm »

Thanks Nibbler I'll search the board now I know what to look for.
Regards,
Steff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.