Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Done]: Improvements to versioncheck.php (e.g. anycontent)  (Read 5080 times)

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
[Done]: Improvements to versioncheck.php (e.g. anycontent)
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:10:08 am »

This seems pretty basic/obvious and I'd be surprised if it wasn't requested before, but I didn't find it in my search, so here goes...

Seems there's many posts over the years of the effect "I just updated my gallery and now anycontent.php says I"m at the old version, yadda yadda".

I'd suggest making versioncheck.php a little smarter about these files (anycontent in particular, and there are some other simlar ones).  Perhaps just check for the presence of the file.  Or to be safer, have it check for a version range, so that in the future if anycontent.php DOES need to be updated, it could then (correctly) flag it as a red file, but for now, if I had a 1.4.10 anycontent.php file it would flag it as green/ok.

Last time I upgraded, it also complained I didn't have the sample plugin stuff, the "don't ftp here" files, etc.  Nothing that was critical but it does bug me when I get errors so I put them all back.

I could certainly live with things the way they are, but I think it would lessen your support load (less repetitive questions) and make the product a little more user-friendly.  Thanks again for a great product.

-Tim
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 07:23:34 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Improvements to versioncheck.php (e.g. anycontent)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:23:12 am »

versioncheck has been completely overhauled in that aspect for cpg1.5.x, with some files being mandatory and some optional. Only if mandatory files are missing, versioncheck will complain.

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
Re: [Done]: Improvements to versioncheck.php (e.g. anycontent)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 07:40:30 pm »

Very cool.  (Now I'll resist the urge to ask you to speculate on when 1.5 is ready for public consumption...  :P )

Thanks,
-Tim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Done]: Improvements to versioncheck.php (e.g. anycontent)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 01:02:28 pm »

There is no schedulred release date, but you're welcome to check it out from the subversion repository and try it for yourself if you know your way around - just keep in mind that it goes unsupported while not having been released.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.