Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploads Taking Ages  (Read 2087 times)

Mat @ SWS

• Coppermine newbie
Uploads Taking Ages
« on: April 02, 2008, 09:14:37 am »

Trying to upload, and the page just says "waiting for spirewebsolutions........"

tried a smaller image, and that uploaded straight away! Why are larger/normal sized images taking longer? the image i'm trying is 1200x900 and 230kb

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Uploads Taking Ages
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:20:32 am »

If you want us to actually look into your issues, do exactly as suggested in the documentation, sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues".

Mat @ SWS

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 09:37:45 am »

i already have read that. wouldn't post otherwise  :P

;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:56:04 am »

You may have read it, but obviously not thoroughly enough. Let me quote the section that you failed to read:
4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
I can't spot the link nor the test user account in your previous posting on this thread. Are you still convinced that you have actually read that and done as suggested? ::)

Your issue is not related to permissions, so I'm moving your thread accordingly. In the future, post on the proper sub-board!

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.