Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Forum Plugin (cpgforum)  (Read 513190 times)

dork313

• Coppermine novice
    • NINart
Re: Coppermine Forum Plugin (cpgforum)
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2008, 04:36:00 am »

Rockas, I would say the problems you're having are theme dependent like I've had. I use chaoticsoul for my theme and the forum was pretty much just the background color since that was what the theme had set. To solve this problem I had to create new styles in the css file and then link to them in the theme.inc file which is in the adaptor>includes folder. I know your problem isn't color related but what I'm suggesting is maybe you should start looking at the theme.inc file for the areas you're having trouble with and then editing them to how you need them to be. You may have to add more to your themes css file in order to make the fix the forum without messing up your theme though.

It's working for me but the only problem with this is that when foulu updates the forum you'll have to re-edit the theme.inc file again as I had to do today. A small problem though when you consider the great possibilities this plugin has over bridging a forum. In my opinion anyway.

*edit* Another oddity, I was viewing the code for the message preview and comparing to the previous version of the forum and it matched 100%. I didn't change the code at all but now my preview is working properly. Not sure why it wasn't working before and is now but it is so that's good.

^Nevermind, I uploaded the old themes.inc file over the new one and that's why the preview was working.

*edit 2* I found the problem with the message preview. In the code it looks like this:
Code: [Select]
make_request("forum.misc.php?action=preview&message="+document.forms
but in the old themes.inc file, when preview worked, it looked like this:
make_request("forum.misc.php?action=preview&message="+document.forms
So when I removed the amp; from between preview and message the preview worked fine again. I uploaded the corrected themes.inc file just in case foulu is busy and doesn't get to fixing this soon. The only modification to this file is the correction of the preview, everything else is the same as in the zip on the main post.

*edit 3* I have found several other cases where amp; was added in the code where it wasn't present before. I'm assuming the editor may have placed them there but I don't know for sure. I haven't noticed any other functionality being messed up though so I don't know if they are supposed to be there or not. I removed them from the file on my site and everything is working great but I suppose foulu will have to confirm if they're supposed to be there or not. I didn't update the zip I uploaded since I didn't know for sure if they should be removed. I'm also trying to find out where the problem with the scroll bar not appearing the post box is but I'm not a coder so I'm not positive on where to begin looking for that.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:58:52 am by dork313 »

Tjnashster

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2008, 08:40:28 am »

can you post here a scheme of your "adaptor" folder's location in relation with your gallery main folder?
yea i put it in its root folder. Is that right???

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2008, 11:54:59 am »

hey foulu.. in version 1.1.2 guests can answer to topics, even if you set up that they can't do this

-
muu

Rockas

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • **Spaceman**
    • Windows and Souls
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2008, 01:53:48 pm »

yea i put it in its root folder. Is that right???
yes... it is correct.
Have you tried to turn on debug so you can give us some more clues?
My opinions may change but not the fact that I am right!

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2008, 03:06:09 pm »

Check my first post for new version. And if anyone want to modify theme.inc.php you can create theme_{THEME_NAME}.php in adaptor/theme folder and copy the template from theme.inc.php and edit it.

Rockas

• **Spaceman**
    • Windows and Souls
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2008, 03:23:26 pm »

@dork313
I have tried everything i saw that could be related, and can't find a way of making that part less wider :-(
I'm about to give up that Theme and cry about all the time i spent modifying it to suit my taste :-(

@foulu
thank you for your hard work and making possible we have a forum without bridges
you don't happen to know where i can apply changes to fix the issue you can see here:
http://www.rockas.info/photograph/forum.php?topic=3
do you :-D

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2008, 03:41:25 pm »

it's still possible for guests to make replies in version 1.1.3 ???

foulu

• Contributor
  • uhm
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2008, 03:45:34 pm »

it's still possible for guests to make replies in version 1.1.3 ???

check your setting !

new post are group by topic id.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2008, 03:56:52 pm »

check your setting !

i set up, that guests can't post.. i made a post in another topic and it's not shown... i deleted all old files and uploaded the new.. i don't know why this appears

link: http://photoalbum.ph.funpic.de/cpg/forum.php

-
muu

foulu

• Contributor
  • uhm
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2008, 04:14:03 pm »

i set up, that guests can't post.. i made a post in another topic and it's not shown... i deleted all old files and uploaded the new.. i don't know why this appears

link: http://photoalbum.ph.funpic.de/cpg/forum.php

-
muu

download the zip file & try again. I fixed the bug and update the zip file, too.

foulu

• Contributor
  • uhm
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2008, 04:16:18 pm »

@foulu
thank you for your hard work and making possible we have a forum without bridges
you don't happen to know where i can apply changes to fix the issue you can see here:
http://www.rockas.info/photograph/forum.php?topic=3
do you :-D

Sorry but I can't support all individual request. I'm only support with improvements, bugs, features and errors only.

Rockas

• **Spaceman**
    • Windows and Souls
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2008, 04:51:12 pm »

Sorry but I can't support all individual request. I'm only support with improvements, bugs, features and errors only.

i perfectly understand what you mean foulu but after trying about half a dozen themes i may say the plugin isn't compatible with any of them although i got them from the project page of coppermine although none of the ones integrated with coppermine installation.
So... even if it is compatible with the ones coming with installation, is this plugin being made just for those themes (i really don't like any of them... they were made by programmers not designers, i guess lol)?

if the answer is yes, then i am afraid it won't be useful for the great majority of users.

i'm not saying you must fix all but if possible comment a bit more the source file themes_inc... or add your own css to deal with sizes only not graphic aspect or colors.

is this possible?

forgive me if i'm asking the impossible.

thank you for your time

dork313

• Coppermine novice
    • NINart
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2008, 07:29:01 pm »

Thanks for the quick update on this. So far everything seems to be working properly.

*edit* While using the forum today I found a couple bugs. Though the url bbcode does work it only allows you to have one link per post. Also, from time to time, after submitting the post extra spaces get added in. Sometimes it's between words and sometimes it's in the middle of a word.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:40:53 pm by dork313 »

foulu

• Contributor
  • uhm
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2008, 04:47:41 am »

i perfectly understand what you mean foulu but after trying about half a dozen themes i may say the plugin isn't compatible with any of them although i got them from the project page of coppermine although none of the ones integrated with coppermine installation.
So... even if it is compatible with the ones coming with installation, is this plugin being made just for those themes (i really don't like any of them... they were made by programmers not designers, i guess lol)?

if the answer is yes, then i am afraid it won't be useful for the great majority of users.

i'm not saying you must fix all but if possible comment a bit more the source file themes_inc... or add your own css to deal with sizes only not graphic aspect or colors.

is this possible?

forgive me if i'm asking the impossible.

thank you for your time

I already add a method for modify the theme without modify "themes.inc.php" directly. And I think my "themes.in.php" is rather easily to understand. If you check "themes.in.php" of the coppermine, it has the same format as mine. And all theme of coppermine is created by user not programer, right ? Sorry if I disappoint you.

foulu

• Contributor
  • uhm
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2008, 04:51:00 am »

Thanks for the quick update on this. So far everything seems to be working properly.

*edit* While using the forum today I found a couple bugs. Though the url bbcode does work it only allows you to have one link per post. Also, from time to time, after submitting the post extra spaces get added in. Sometimes it's between words and sometimes it's in the middle of a word.

1. It has something relative with "word break" feature, if your word length is more than define length then the script will add spaces between two part. I will check it !
2. And the bbcode feature which I use is come from coppermine so it is in coppermine core code. Can't do anything about it.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2008, 09:01:17 am »

hi foulu

from the words "recent posts" i would expect the latest posts, even if they are in the same topic.. but if you want to show only the last 5 posts in different topics, your sql statement doesn't work properly

in adaptor/source/index.view.php on line 88 is:
$recent_post_array = cpgdb_fetch_rowset("SELECT board_id, topic_id, msg_id, subject, poster_id, poster_name, poster_time FROM `{$CONFIG['TABLE_FR_MESSAGES']}` GROUP BY (topic_id) ORDER BY msg_id DESC LIMIT 5;");this code doesn't necessarily fetch the latest posts..

instead use this code for fetching recent posts (if you want to group them by topic):
$recent_post_array = cpgdb_fetch_rowset("SELECT board_id, topic_id, msg_id, subject, poster_id, poster_name, poster_time FROM `{$CONFIG['TABLE_FR_MESSAGES']}` WHERE msg_id IN (SELECT MAX(msg_id) FROM `{$CONFIG['TABLE_FR_MESSAGES']}` GROUP BY topic_id) ORDER BY msg_id DESC LIMIT 5;");

my problem that guests can post works now as it should, after i uploaded the new files a third time ??? i don't know what was wrong...

-
muu

dork313

• Coppermine novice
    • NINart
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2008, 09:35:36 am »

1. It has something relative with "word break" feature, if your word length is more than define length then the script will add spaces between two part. I will check it !
2. And the bbcode feature which I use is come from coppermine so it is in coppermine core code. Can't do anything about it.

Thanks for checking into that foulu. Also, thanks for setting up the themes folder. Much better now.

Rockas

• **Spaceman**
    • Windows and Souls
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2008, 03:52:13 pm »

I already add a method for modify the theme without modify "themes.inc.php" directly. And I think my "themes.in.php" is rather easily to understand. If you check "themes.in.php" of the coppermine, it has the same format as mine. And all theme of coppermine is created by user not programer, right ? Sorry if I disappoint you.
Nah! no disappointment at all... just keep up the good work :-)
My only difficulty is being a complete newbie to coppermine and even using firefox web developers tools, i really can't find the way to make those fields smaller. Seems to me the problem resides on a block named "table.maintable" (that gets 1017px somehow while it should be 617 at the most) that i can't find anywhere?!?!?!
Anyway... already started working on a new theme based on a working one so soon everything will be ok :-)
I just wish coppermine themes were more "html" templates based but this is just my "complaining me" talking lol

Again... thank you for this great plugin,
Rockas

edit: typos

bossbill

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2008, 04:48:04 pm »

with regards to this, in the forum settings there is one for "Break up words with more letters than (0 to disable)"   by default its set to 30.
so if you put in a url or img bbcode link it adds a space every 30 letters.
just set it to 0 to turn off the feature and img and url bbcode works fine.

pixstreet

• Coppermine novice
    • pixstreet.co.uk
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2008, 10:39:13 pm »

I have installed a forum on my practice website and I am experiencing an issue with certain characters not being displayed/recognised. see below:

Specjaliś ci ds. bezpiecze� �stwa w Microsoft, ostrzegaj� � użytkowni ków
as you can see certain characters appear with a square symbol, can anyone help?

the installation is english and polish.

http://www.pixstreet.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.