Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine gallery SLOW!  (Read 3432 times)

Laura Lee

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine gallery SLOW!
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:25:08 pm »

I don't know where is best to post this, I don't know where to even begin troubleshooting about this. My Coppermine gallery (http://julytree.org/gallery) is running exceptionally slow lately. When I first installed it, it was really quick. Now each page takes way longer than it should to load... but I haven't changed anything. Is this a problem with my server, or do I just have too many files in my gallery? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version? (it was installed automatically through my host, so I didn't actually go through the installation process and therefore am not aware of which version I have installed).
Thanks for any help!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine gallery SLOW!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:34:12 pm »

Automated pre-installs suck and are unsupported, so yes: you have to upgrade (you currently have cpg1.4.14, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.16). Refer to the docs to find out how to do that. If it used to run fine and now is slow, there must be something wrong on your webserver, so you better ask your webhost for support. It might help organizing your index into categegories to have less queries on the initial page. Turning off stat detail recording may help. Turning off language fallback may help.

Laura Lee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:11:53 am »

Thank you for your help! I have upgraded, and I have turned off those features. I am working on trying to categorize my albums, which might be difficult because they don't really fit into similar categories, which is why I had them all on the main page in the first place. Anyway, so far there has been no change in the speed. If the categorizing doesn't help I will contact my host about the issue. But... is it possible to have too many images or too large of files? This is the only thing I have been changing since I first installed it that could have caused it to become slow from MY end. Also, when I was updating to the newest version I realized I had the whole folder of old files on my computer, which meant I must have installed it myself in the beginning and forgot about it... I'm not sure.... but hopefully therefore there aren't any problems stemming from an automatic installation.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:58 am »

Enable debug mode so we can see what is slow. You are probably on an overloaded shared server.

kelsse1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:53:10 am »

Enable debug mode so we can see what is slow. You are probably on an overloaded shared server.

Hi, My Coppermine gallery is also suddenly extremely slow.  (http://www.kelseymetcalf.com/Coppermine).  I've upgraded to the latest version and enable debug mode.  Would you mind taking a look and letting me know if you have any other suggestions for speeding it up?  I'm also guessing that I just have too many files, I just really don't want to remove any albums at this point...

Thank you in advance!

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 08:19:34 am »

Maybe you've enabled debug mode just for admins?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:48:53 am »

Are you by chance self-hosted? I even get slow pings for your domain. Your home page at http://www.kelseymetcalf.com/ is slow as well, so this can not just be a coppermine issue. You better ask your webhost for details.
In fact, your gallery loads extremely slow - you better remove some items from the gallery's start page to increase speed (set "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" to no in coppermine's config). The main problem though is the overall speed of your webserver; as suggested above, you need to ask your webhost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.