Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ODBC for direct data access and update  (Read 1949 times)

minvalp

• Coppermine newbie
ODBC for direct data access and update
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:45:00 am »

Hi I'm new to the Forum and own a small indie record comapany called Soundsbad Music
My background is databases/web hosting/tech arch/applications

I have been using CPG 1.4.16 as a media library for mp3/jpg/video assets for album releases, and have a separate central database of album/track metadata at home.

Using a MySQL ODBC driver I established a live link to the web hosted cpg database and linked in this case to a new Microsoft Access database (2000 or newer).

What this gives you is a tablular LIVE view into any table eg: cpg_pictures, allowing updates to whole columns of data in one go! Eg: I use field user3 for Track Duration and user4 fo ISRC. Now working on an update query to automate this from my central database....

This is of course highly dangerous but using Queries on this raw data you can tailor the updates as required. It also allows you to snapshot the data locally as a quick backup by importing rather than linking.

If this is of interest to anyone I'll post more info
Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.