Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Photo Shop Plugin 1.3.6 Shopping Cart Currency Issue  (Read 4459 times)

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice

I recently installed Photo Shop Plugin 1.3.6. , but I'm unable to change the currency from USD to EUR. I read available documentation and postings on the forums regarding setting write permissions for the folder and editing the eng.php file without resolving the problem.

When I edit /plugins/photo_shop/langlang/eng.php and change 'USD'=>'USD' to 'USD'=>'EUR', it saves ok, but the currency still remains in USD. When I edit the file in /public_html/plugins/photo_shop/lang/eng.php, the file will not save and displays the error "[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]" with the full error message:

open english.php failed: Permission denied at cpanel.pl line 590
   Carp::croak('open english.php failed: Permission denied') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 1240
   Cpanel::Fileman::fmsavefile('%2fhome%2flucitpho%2fpublic_html%2fplugins%2fphoto_shop%2flang', 'english.php', '<?       php^M^J/**************************************************^M^J  CP...', 1, 1) called at cpanel.pl line 590
   main::__ANON__('%2fhome%2flucitpho%2fpublic_html%2fplugins%2fphoto_shop%2flang', 'english.php', '<?php^M^J/**************************************************^M^J  CP...', 1, 1) called at cpanel.pl line 1763
   main::exectag('<cpanel Fileman="fmsavefile($FORM{\'dir\'},$FORM{\'file\'},$FORM...') called at cpanel.pl line 4806
   main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4673
   main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x919fa24)') called at cpanel.pl line 4625
   main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x9406234)') called at cpanel.pl line 1295

Your advice will be highly valued, so many thanks!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:01:45 am by Joachim Müller »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Photo Shop Plugin 1.3.6 Shopping Cart Currency Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 10:04:05 am »

there is no file
plugins/photo_shop/langlang/eng.php or plugins/photo_shop/lang/eng.php but plugins/photo_shop/lang/english.php, german.php, french.php ...
when you edit anythin else than the language file the plugin loads it won't have any effect.
here you can edit the mentioned entry

If cpanel shows you a fatal error and won't let you modify files, then this is not a coppermine problem but permission problems realted to cpanel. I can not give you much advice here. Check cpanel, ask your host or modify the language file on your local computer and upload it into the lang directory overwriting the existing one using ftp.

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:42:01 pm »

The file is 'plugins/photo_shop/lang/english.php'. My mistake, sorry, my head hurt!
This file exists in the root directory, and here I am able to edit 'USD' to 'EUR' without problems, but the currency still doesn't change to EUR in the shopping cart.
This file also exists in '/public_html/plugins/photo_shop/lang', and here I get the error (mentioned in my previous posting) when I try to save the file. I also get an error 'Operation not Permitted' when I try to change permissions for files, so maybe it this a Cpanel issue (or my ignorance). I'll read some more about Cpanel and PHP before I contact my host.
Thanks for your help, Stramm!

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:39:29 pm »

you still can try to edit the lang file on your local PC and reupload (as mentioned above)

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:04:18 am »

I edited USD to EUR in english.php on my pc using wordpad. I then succesfully uploaded it to /plugins/photo_shop/lang using Filezilla  (I can see the changes I made in english.php, but the web page still display USD).
However, when I upload english.php to /public_html/plugins/photo_shop/lang the transfer fails immediately. Am I uploading to the correct directory?
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but as you suggested, it could be a permission problem regarding writing to the /public_html/ folder.
I have logged a call with my web host and await their response.

Thanks again for your help, Stramm. Much appreciated! I will keep this forum updated.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:58:35 am »

It needs to go into the /your_coppermine_dir/plugins/photo_shop/lang directory
Use notepad to edit php files (html, css etc.) as they are plain text files.

If you can't overwrite files that you previously have uploaded using ftp it may help to first delete them. Otherwise it's always good to ask your webhost.

For the next release I'll move the entire gateway setup into a web backend. Here it'll be possible as well to quick change the currency.

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 12:08:55 am »

Stramm, thank you very much, the problem is sorted! My web-host reset permissions to the server and I am now able to edit USD to EUR. Your guess was spot on! So please close this query.

I am looking forward to the new release of your Photo_shop plugin to include a currency selection slider for the administrator to set the currency. You have done a great job on this one! Thanks again. You are part of a great team!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.