Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Final upload stage gives blank response  (Read 3189 times)

Halfhidden

[Solved]: Final upload stage gives blank response
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:37:17 pm »

Hi,
I seem to have a problem that is affecting one or two members on the site. It seems that when they upload an image and click continue to add the gallery album and file description, the user gets a blank page (no website at all) If the user refreshes using the browser refresh they are placed back in the main site as if they had just logged in. I've checked the file types and file sizes for either illegal file types or characters and found none, and the file sizes are well within the allowable size.
I've created a user: Tony T
and password: cpg911
I've enabled debugging for everyone

Regards,
Steff
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:06:46 am by Nibbler »

Halfhidden

Re: Final upload stage gives blank response
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:06:09 pm »

I have an extra problem and cannot enable debug mode to everyone because it stretches the site beyond the width of the viewable pane making the website width 6000 wide rather than 950. The site becomes unusable.

I'm not trying to post more than one topic per threat here, rather explaining that I can only enable debugging for everyone for a short while if anyone would like to test upload on the site. I will of course try to establish why debugging has such a damaging effect on my site and either post a help ticket or the solution.
Regards,
Steff

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:33:33 am »

I've tested two files and both seem to have uploaded fine (can't check, cause you have enabled admin approval). Even the 'huge' one (2400x1600) worked as expected.
Without being able to reproduce your users issues I can not give you advice. Try to find similarities when this happens again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:33:54 am »

I have an extra problem and cannot enable debug mode to everyone because it stretches the site beyond the width of the viewable pane making the website width 6000 wide rather than 950. The site becomes unusable.
Wrap the debug output into a container with fixed width or use CSS to control the width.

I've created a user: Tony T
and password: cpg911
Test user accounts are much more helpfull if you actually post a link to your gallery as well. ::)

I seem to have a problem that is affecting one or two members on the site. It seems that when they upload an image and click continue to add the gallery album and file description, the user gets a blank page (no website at all)
Might be realted to a restriction on their client. Will be hard to figure out what the issue is if this doesn't happen for everyone.

Halfhidden

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 09:08:49 pm »

Thanks Stramm. and Joachim Müller.
Sorry I was such a prat and forgot to post the url. I too have tried uploading and haven't experienced any problems. The uploads from Stramm appeared as expected (nice pictures BTW :)) So this is only affecting 3 users so far. I've spoken with one of the members who was able today to upload with out issues. Obviously this leads me to thing that it could well be problems with my hosting company of my gallery. I am on a shared hosting but with bountiful hard disk space and bandwidth, but I agree with Joachim Müller suggestion that it's less likely to be a Coppermine issue, because logic predicts that more users would be affected. I haven't done any changes to cause this and the upgrade to 1.4.16 was done some weeks ago without problems. I'll move the gallery to a dedicated server and see if that helps. The gallery is about a gig in size and consumes 10gigabyte a month, so maybe it's out grown the host and time out is occurring.
Thanks for looking at this problem.
Regards,
Steff

Halfhidden

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:56:15 pm »

Two of the three members who had experienced problems have uploaded without problems since. The third member hasn't logged on. I think this concludes that it is likely that the problems encountered were in fact other than CPC. And likely to be my host company.

Thanks please close this ticket.
Regards,
Steff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Final upload stage gives blank response
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 09:52:16 am »

I strongly doubt that those issues where releated to your webhost. I rather guess that they where caused by issues on the clients of your users.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.