Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 403 Forbidden Error  (Read 4772 times)

Nolanite

• Coppermine newbie
403 Forbidden Error
« on: March 28, 2008, 11:33:45 pm »

My friend asked me to help him trouble shoot an issue with his tattoo shops website. So, here i am! lol... First off, they had a problem with their computer and apparently the guy they had fixed turned out to not be so smart about computers, and ended up reinstalling windows to get rid of the rather elementary sounding problem. Im not sure what the problem was initially for them to ask the guy to fix but it sounds like a virus of some type, nothing serious, just annoying. Regardless, it is gone now and the computer was given back to them about a week later with a fresh OS on it, unfortunately this i also when the error on the web site began. My friend told me that they used Coppermine as a gallery for the site, so i figured here would be the best place to get some advice from.

http://www.billypowellinkworksinc.com/ is the website.

http://www.billypowellinkworksinc.com/gallery is the gallery link that the error occurs on.

I realize this may be root of either non directory browsing or a permission setting changed, but regardless coppermine is no longer on their computer(reboot). Is the gallery lost? Or is this a simple settings issue?

Thanks, Nolan.

Nibbler

Re: 403 Forbidden Error
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 11:39:04 pm »

Coppermine was installed on this windows machine?

Nolanite

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 11:46:42 pm »

From what i understand yes. Im not able to get into contact with the lady who set the gallery/site up, but my friend at the shop tells me some form of coppermine software was on the computer, im not familiar with coppermine or any gallery hosting for that matter, i have a pretty general knowledge of computers and HTML, etc.(A+ cert), but at this point im relaying information.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 09:59:16 am »

I strongly doubt that: if Coppermine would actually have been hosted on the Windows PC, the website would have gone down after a re-install of the operating system. I guess that you're looking into the wrong spot. Ask your webhost for support instead.

Nolanite

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:35:41 am »

The site itself isnt hosted from the computer just the gallery, they are independent from each other other than the fact that the link to the gallery is in the site. We were able to recover the photos from the gallery, however im still dealing with the forbidden problem... is this a permissions setting?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

Self-hosting is not recommended at all, especially if you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.