Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Done]: URGENT HELP NEEDED!  (Read 3676 times)

tobiasswede

• Coppermine newbie
[Done]: URGENT HELP NEEDED!
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:39:38 am »

HI! I run a paysite with coppermine as member section.

I can for the moment not batch add files, and have checked some basic stuff such like php ini, there i do have 3600, 3600 and 32 mb.

I am not a pro in coppermine and will not have time to be it as well. But now i can not spend more time on this issue.

I pay you 50 US for this fix. I do not think it is hard at all for anyone familiar with this. I want you to be MEGA expert in coppermine! You should know EXACKTLY what you are doing inside there.

I think it can be something like the problem i pasted below. I have not the skills myself. Please pm me here and i will get in contact with you ASAP.

Live in europe...

Re: Batch-add files not responding
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 02:03:00 AM »

I know this is quite an old thread but I hope that my experience might help someone. A similar problem occurred on our site http://www.garfnet.org.uk/coppermine last night. I was really tearing my hair out. Even got my ISP physically to reboot the machine.

We use SSH (secure shell) to control our servers remotely and when I ran "top" (a Linux program that shows memory and processor usage), every time someone clicked the "batch-add" button and the "searchnew.php" script was activated, an Apache2 process snaffled 99% of the machine's processor resources and the rest of the machines services ran at a snail's pace. This lasted until eventually "searchnew.php" script timed out. However there were no Coppermine/PHP error messages and nothing unusual in either the Apache access or error logs.

I even installed a second Coppermine with a blank dataset and no files. Initially this ran fine - whch eliminated any MySQL & PHP issues - though we regularly "apt-get upgrade" for security reasons anyway. However when I copied our image files to the new installation the "batch-add" also failed - even before I had started to populate the new Coppermine database. This suggested that the problem may lie with our files and not with Coppermine.

So I used Konquerer (part of the KDE desktop for Linux) "fish" protocol securely to browse the files on our server (much more secure than FTP). That is when I stumbled across the problem. It was caused by circular symbolic links - and frankly gross stupidity on my part for allowing the situation to occur in the first place! Let me explain...

Unix allows you to create links to other files and folders as if they were in your current folder. In my case...

* There was a symlink from /var/www/garfnet/coppermine/albums to /var/www/garfnet/media.
    * There was a second symlink from /var/www/garfnet/media to /var/www/garfnet/sounds. So far so good.
    * However a third link from /var/www/garfnet/sounds to /var/www/garfnet/coppermine meant that whenever the "searchnew.php" went hunting for files, it was going round in circles.

Deleting that third symlink fixed the issue instantly and the system is working fine again - though I am finding it hard to come to terms with my embarrassment! Anyway, the moral of the story is that a "batch-add" not responding issue could be related to your file structure rather than to Coppermine. Or perhaps the moral is, don't drink too much Jagermeister whilst creating symlinks. Grin

In any event, I hope this is of some help to someone.

Best wishes, G.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:17:11 am by Nibbler »

tobiasswede

• Coppermine newbie
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 03:16:52 am »

You can close this! I found help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.