Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help...new to this...problem with uploading  (Read 4059 times)

mosyscrapper

• Coppermine newbie
Need help...new to this...problem with uploading
« on: March 26, 2008, 06:51:44 pm »

Okay, this isn't working for me!  >:( I've looked at the tutorial OVER AND OVER and for some reason, after I've extracted the ZIP file the rest that's on the tutorial doesn't even resemble anything on my computer!! HELP!!

I've uploaded the 1.4.16 version of Coppermine. The zip is saved in MY DOCUMENTS and then I extracted it. I tried to rename it but the computer keeps giving me: Cannot rename cpg1416: Access denied

Okay, so now what? I really need a step by step version written out b/c the tutorial offered by this program isn't helping! SORRY!!  ???

mosyscrapper

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Need help...new to this...problem with uploading
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:53:29 am »

Bumping...can someone help me please!! I have a message board up (it's a scrapbooking site) and the gallery that is given can only hold so much. I wanted a gallery that can hold more space and I heard that COPPERMINE was the best. I'd love to get this gallery up and running by the weekend.

PLEASE HELP...SOMEONE!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:21:20 am »

Then go ahead and don't rename the folder that contains the files. Instead, create a folder on your webserver (using your FTP app) and upload the contents of the local folder to the newly created folder on your webserver. Keep in mind that we can't look into anything on your local PC, so we can just guess.

mosyscrapper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 01:01:04 pm »

Alright...but what dies FTP mean?  :-[ Sorry...newbie here and I'm not up w/ lingo...trying to create my site by myself...just need to add gallery to my site now.

Made a new folder...now what? Is there a place on the forum here that gives install directions step by step instead of the tutorial section that goes to fast and won't stop when you need it to?  :-[ I'm a pain, sorry!

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 01:17:01 pm »

Do yourself a favour and read the documentation..

mosyscrapper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 07:39:30 pm »

will do
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.