Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Batch  (Read 2518 times)

gigio

• Coppermine newbie
Add Batch
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:57:27 pm »

Hi everyone i have just upgraded an old version of the galler with the new one 1.4.x following all the instructions. from the client side everything works fine but when i go the admin side and click on the add batch menu button nothing happen. it doesnt go on the following page where i can see all the folders i have on my server.

Any one can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Add Batch
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 08:29:38 am »

1) Fix your keyboard, it appears that a key is stuck ::)

2) Read the docs, especially the sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues" and do exactly as suggested there.

gigio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:00:34 am »

I have read all the instruction on the "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues" but unfortunately was not helpful.

I still have the same problem that when i còick on the add batch button the page doesnt load and i dont get any error message.

I have created a test user but the test user cannot get into the correct screen because is not administrator and i am a bit concer to give to the test user permision to do so. As is now the test user can upload pic in the user gallery only

help please

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 07:24:52 pm »

I have read all the instruction on the "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues" but unfortunately was not helpful.
I don't care if it was helpfull for you. Do exactly as suggested there. Quote from the docs:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
You appear to be one of those people who think that instructions written in bold or red are not meant to be serious. You're wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.