Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Mass Uploading Pictures  (Read 2013 times)

deslim80

• Coppermine newbie
Need Help Mass Uploading Pictures
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:10:19 am »

I have about 30,000 pictures organised in folders(meant to be categories) and subfolders(meant to be albums).  I want to import all of them into my coppermine gallery.
I have been testing the mass import plugin called cpgmassimport for my Coppermine v1.4.16.
Using just a test folder like the above configuration, I have been trying to upload my pictures using the plugin.

2 huge (in my opinion) problems ensue:

1.  The categories and albums and images that are supposed to appear in the albums are not created.  Only the category is setup correctly. The images go to an undefined (non-existent) folder, the album is set under the main page.  Tried to tweak around the plugin and the permissions of the album folder but to no avail.

2.  Seeing that the images have been misplaced, I proceed to delete them and try again.  Images can be deleted but there are "residual" files (that look like the labels of the image, but not the image themselves) in the main page that cannot be deleted.  Reason given "files are in non-existent folder".

In saying so, I will like to ask humbly for the help of anyone who has successfully import huge chunks of images from a windows directory to the directory in coppermine.
I wonder if anyone can point me to how to delete the labels that are in supposedly "non-existent" folders and also how to import my pictures to the gallery successfully.

Thank you for reading my msg. ")

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need Help Mass Uploading Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:02:37 am »

Make sure that http uploads work in the first place. To do so, read the docs - particularly the sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues". Do exactly as suggested there.
The Plugin you refer to goes unsupported on this support board (as suggested in the corresponding announcement thread):
Please keep the discusions of CPGMassImport on the cpg-contrib forums
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.