Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading to 1.4.16 makes Character encoding mess up Danish characters  (Read 5236 times)

lpa

• Coppermine newbie

In Denmark we have the three special letters Ĉ, Ĝ and Ċ. After I upgraded to 1.4.16 and chose UTF-8, they are not shown anymore in the old galleries. Instead of one of the three letters I get a "�".

I tried running the charsetmgr.php (read that in another topic) But both "Convert from" and "to" were already utf-8, so thats not the problem. Could it have anything to do with my MySQL setting?

/Lars

lpa

• Coppermine newbie

btw, I upgraded from 1.4.12

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Changing the encoding after having content in your database is alwaysw problematic. You shouldn't have started using another encoding than utf-8 in the first place. Are you sure that the conversion from iso8859-1 to utf-8 has been successfull? Post a link to your gallery for a start.

lpa

• Coppermine newbie

Well, I wasn't aware it could be a problem before, see  ;)

www.farumkyokushin.dk see the block in right side of front page. It's a Postnuke site and I use pnCPG 4.01, and there are also problems with characters after the upgrade. I guess it must be the same problem.

Sorry, but I changed all the wrong characters in Coppermine manually, turned out there was only 20-25 of them. All the filenames containing the Danish character still are wrong though.   But don't you think the pnCPG problem on the frontpage derrives from the same origin?

/Lars

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

It's not surprising that utf-8 encoded content taken from coppermine displays broken on your iso8859-1 powered postnuke block.
Actual link to your gallery is http://www.farumkyokushin.dk/cpg/
Displays as expected for me.

lpa

• Coppermine newbie

Yes it does now, after I changed all albums manually. Many file names are still wrong, but that has less consequence. And the pnCPG also shows the albums wrong in PN, but I have to talk with Cas about that, I guess?

/Lars
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.