Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Take a look, what's the issue?  (Read 3087 times)

Leigh84

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Take a look, what's the issue?
« on: March 24, 2008, 01:49:59 pm »

I went in and loaded the template.html file for rainy day theme into Dreamweaver, I inserted a simple link at the bottom of my page, reuploaded the template.html file and suddenly I'm now getting all these empty/dead link image boxes all over the page. I didn't touch them when I worked on the html page or anything so....any thoughts? Keep in mind I'm sopmewhat of a noob with this stuff. Thanks so much. :)

http://imawackyguy.com/gallery/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:01:02 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Take a look, what's the issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 02:19:11 pm »

Upload a clean copy of the file from the package and don't mess it up with Dreamweaver.

Leigh84

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:31:36 pm »

I suppose I could do that to return it back to it's intact state, but then what would you suggest I use to edit the template? I was wanting to add a link at the bottom of the page and possibly insert a logo where the header is. If I can't open it in an editor without it mucking up, then....?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 02:39:01 pm »

Use a plain text editor, like notepad.

Leigh84

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:55:34 pm »

Well cripes, that's simple enough. Thanks so much, you rock.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Take a look, what's the issue?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:49:09 pm »

WYSIWYG editors like Dreamweaver, MS Frontpage etc. tend to "beautify" code on their own, that's why they break files the way they did for you. Don't use WYSIWYG editors for pre-made scripts or to edit PHP files. Dreamweaver is a good editor (generally speaking), and you can make it work if you know your way around it and know what options to set (i.e. you need to "tell" Dreamweaver not to mess with your code).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.