Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: CHANGING -OR- RETRIVING PASSWORD...  (Read 3291 times)

queenbeeart

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: CHANGING -OR- RETRIVING PASSWORD...
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:32:03 pm »

??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :'(CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I FORGOT MY PASSWORD AND CANNOT GET INTO MY SITE TO UPLOAD MORE PICS!!!! I TRIED SENDING FOR A NEW ONE BUT THE PART THAT SAY'S "CLICK ON AND FOLLOW THIS LINK" DOES NOT WORK TO CLICK ON???? I'VE EVEN TRIED TO COPY AND PASTE THE LINK...STILL IT JUST TAKES ME BACK TO THE LOGIN PART OF MY SITE WHERE OF COURSE I CANNOT GET IN!!! GRRRRR..THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE..I HAVE EVEN EMAIL ONE OF THE "MASTERMINDS" BEHIND THIS SITE..HE JUST SORT OF BLEW ME OFF!!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE???? I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT ...THANKS!

PLEASE E-MAIL DIRECTIONS AND INFO TO ME..okiefan@comcast.net
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:18:05 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CHANGING -OR- RETRIVING PASSWORD...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:23:09 pm »

1) Don't shout at us. Writing in all-uppercase is considered as shouting. Nobody likes to be shouted at.
2) Posting your email address is silly - it will only attract spam bots. There is no support by email here
3) There is a load of threads on this board that explain how to retrieve lost admin passwords
4) Posting a link to your site might help for a start.

queenbeeart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:26:10 am »

OOPS..did'nt mean to use all caps!!!! ::) ::) ::)
my web address is www.queenbeeairbrushing.com
I would appreciate any help..i cannot figure this out..help please!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:27:26 am »

Upgrade. Most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.16. You're running cpg1.4.10. This means that you're running 6 versions behind.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 08:05:51 am »

??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :'(I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION...I'M STILL WAITING FOR HELP IN   GETTING A NEW PASS WORD MY SELF..NONE OF THE LINKS WORK AND I CAN'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPGRADE TO THE NEWER VERSION THAT IT SAYS YOU NEED TO GET A NEW PASS WORD....I'M SO UPSET WITH THIS...I HAVE SOME RE DESIGNING MY SITE GRAPHICS SO I REALLY NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET IN THERE AND UPLOAD SOME MORE STUFF..I'M SO EMBARRASSED WHEN I TALK TO HIM!!!!
You haven't posted there that you have issues figuring out how to upgrade. Stick to your orginal thread and reply there if you have something to say. I told you as well on the other thread that you're not supposed to write in all-uppercase, because that is being considered as shouting, and we don't like being shouted at. Show more respect if you want help. You'll get banned if you post another all-uppercase posting!
There are instructions how to upgrade - read the documentation that comes with coppermine (link available as well at the top of this screen). The docs contain a section as well that explain upgrades. If you have issues with that, you should explain what exactly doesn't work for you or what you have issues with instead of hijacking someone else's thread and complaining that you're still waiting for answers. When you posted the reply to the other thread, mine was the last posting in this thread, so it was not clear that you expected an answer here. Therefo, it's silly to say "I'm still waiting for help" - we haven't even been aware that you were waiting for help.
Your actual gallery link is http://www.queenbeeairbrushing.com/gallery/
You still have cpg1.4.10, most recent stable currently is cpg1.4.18. You're running 8 versions behind now, with an exploit against outdated galleries in the wild that is running rampage. So, instead of misbehaving, you really should do as suggested.

queenbeeart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 01:29:25 pm »

:o :o :o :o  First of all let me apologize for the very bad habit that i have of using all caps...I'm not yelling at all, it's just a very bad habit that i need to break! Thanks for the help of F. Keller..I can get into my site now and I was up all night uploading more art works....I'm soooooooo happy...Thanks a billion times over....I really appreciate your time..thanks,thanks,thanks!!!!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: CHANGING -OR- RETRIVING PASSWORD...
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 07:19:01 pm »

For the benfit of others with similar issues you should have posted what you actually did to solve your issue - that's the point of a support board. Give something back to the community if you got help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.