Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display as Latest Albums Added and give thumbails link?  (Read 10166 times)

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
Display as Latest Albums Added and give thumbails link?
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:39:39 pm »

Hi guys

How can I show a preview of teh latest albums added?

I have 2 preview picture but I don't want to show the last PICS added I want them to give preview of the last album added, indipendently from the cathegory. Also clicking on the preview I wanted to direct people on the thumbnails view not the "preview picture" page of the pic.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Display as Latest Albums Added and give thumbails link?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:24:12 pm »

Please read the cpmFetch docs and search this sub-board. If this doesn't help, start a new thread, doing as suggested in the sticky threads on this sub-board.
You haven't done as I suggested in the other thread. Let me tell you this more directly: Sheer lazyness not to be tolerated is one of the sticky threads that you're supposed to read before being allowed to post! >:(

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:43:51 am »

I'm sorry but I'm italian and I don't understand very well English I'm not that good with programming so...I'm just asking for an help. Am I asking too much?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 04:18:46 pm »

Yes, you're actually asking too much: you need to read the docs that come with cpmFetch. If you can't, ask a friend who speaks English to read them for you. You need at least show us that you tried hard enough - don't expect to be spoon-fed. Particularly since your English seems to be fine.

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:07:44 pm »

Hey first of all calm down this is an help section and as it it should be helpful for people indipendently from the docs that aren't very clear for people who doesn't know anything about "hack".

I tried to read it but it doesn't tell u anything about how to give links to thumbnails page if u prefere it to the displayimage view. Also I tried to use something like cpm_showLastAddedAlbum but it didn't work.

Docs doesn't explain to u how to mix the options using the keyword to edit or something.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:52 am »

this is an help section and as it it should be helpful for people indipendently from the docs that aren't very clear for people who doesn't know anything about "hack".
It's not you who makes up the rules how support is being given, but it's up to the supporters to make up the rules. Vuud (the author of cpmFetch) has been pretty clear and concise in his docs and especially the sticky thread that I already have told you to read. You haven't even bothered to show us that you tried; you even failed to post a link to your gallery and the cpmFetch-powered test page, nor have you posted the code that you tried to use that doesn't work for you. That makes you a lazy person. We're not ready to do your homework or spoon-feed you. Period.

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 06:39:19 pm »

No this makes you a selfish person. I'm asking for help I don't understand nothing about these things. I'm just asking u to provide me a code to show preview thumb of latest album added and to give link to the thumbnails.

If it's so easy why don't u help me? U seem so bravo/a...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 07:19:44 am »

I'm not your coding slave. Just because I have the skills to do so doesn't mean that I have to come up with a solution ready for copy-and-paste just to take care of your laziness. You still haven't showed that you have at least tried. Stop this silly discussion if you want actual help. I have already told you what you need to do. Your excuses are just lame. Acusing me to be selfish doesn't make it more likely that someone will help you.

capecodgal

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 08:46:44 pm »

Since you haven't shown any of your work I am not about to give you the fast answer but I will give you some direction as I understand how frustrating ti is to learn something new...

Vudd's site helped me out ALOT when I was first learning the different functions - if you want a basic list of functions you can use then take a look here: http://cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com/features/index.php

Specifically the section labeled: Functions to get images or image data back

Check out my other thread on "Cosmetics FAQ's - How to get it to look like this" and go through the examples; then make yourself a test page and try each of the functions listed on the website I gave above; you will start to understand it all a bit better.

But if you expect help you are going to have to show me what you have come up with so far; I am not one to just give out answers as it took me a while to understand all of this myself; I don't mind sharing the knowledge but you need to do some of the work too  ;)

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 02:16:35 am »

Thanks for ur help but I tried to change the code from cpm_viewLastAddedMedia to cpm_viewLastAddedAlbums but it doesn't work. I tried lot of times and in different ways changing things on cpmfetch_dao.php and on cpmfetch_config.php (or the normal cpmfetch.php - I forgot it which one if this it was because I tried a few days ago and I've lost my hopes.)

I tried to changing them after checking a few threads where people use to say "place this script after 'a specific cpm_'...". I tried to help my self on my own but now I don't know what to try anymore.

My website is www.breatheonbritney.it and my gallery is www.breatheonbritney.it/gallery

I've also tried to use the basic function but then I've always had an error message. Actually I can view the last added pics on my website and that is the only option that works.

PS: When I tried to put something like cpm_viewLastAddedMedia I used to put it replacing the bold function

<?php
include "./cpmfetch/cpmfetch.php";
$styleguide = array(
"imagewidth" => '100',
"imageStyle" => "cpm_brdr",
"subtitle" => "<span class='fnt_9'>%h views<br />%v votes</span>",
"alttag" => "Click to see more photos in gallery");
$objCpm = new cpm("./cpmfetch/cpmfetch_config.php");
$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia (1,150,$options);
$objCpm->cpm_close();
?>

capecodgal

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 08:18:59 pm »

Ok but if you look in the docs there is no function for "viewLastAddedAlbums" thats your problem it is called something else.

Here look through this: http://cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com/docs/stable_basic/index.html

On the left navigate down to Classes -> CPM

Trust me what you want is there but its a "From" function instead

capecodgal

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 08:23:10 pm »

oh and 1 more thing bringing them to the album level to show the thumbs is something else and will be under the $options array; I think its called 'imagelink' but not 100% on that just look in the section on the $options array and you should see it.

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 10:20:07 am »

Hey capecodgal thanks for ur help now the preview is working with the thumbnails but I can't understand why sometimes the previews aren't showed up in 100px(the most largest heirght/weight) and even if I gave a preview of 150 pictures it give me less pics than how I wrote.

Thank u again.

capecodgal

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 06:50:01 pm »

Let me see your code... it may be something you need to add or it may just be that this function is slow to load on large galleries- I tried using it on one of my sites that had 25,000 files and it couldn't handle it. This works much better in smaller galleries.

Show me your code and explain what you are trying to do with it.... maybe I can test it on mine and see if I have the same results. Also if you want to force all your thumbs to be a certain width/ height I reccomend the STRAMM mod if you don't already have it; there is an option to force all thumbs to an exact width / height
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.