Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [cpg1.4.x]: Adv. Menalto Gallery To Coppermine Converter  (Read 51308 times)

j3cubcapt1

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [cpg1.4.x]: Adv. Menalto Gallery To Coppermine Converter
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 05:51:53 am »

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner!!! Thanks SaWey!

That was it, I have it working now...I really like it converter, although I had sub-albums that were brought over outside of their parent albums, oh well, I guess there is a way for me to re package them again!

Thanks again SaWey!

Will

sir fice

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 11:09:27 pm »

i am having a problem with this script..

i have all the info set up correctly, but when i go to do an import, it makes the directory, but fails to insert the file.. here's part of the log..

Array ( [14] => Array ( [name] => 02.29.08 [gallery_path] => /022908 [cpg_alb] => 022908 ) )
Directory 022908 for album 02.29.08 created

Album created
Importing images ...

Unable to insert file IMG_2614.JPG. Skipping...

Unable to insert file IMG_2616.JPG. Skipping...

Unable to insert file IMG_2497.JPG. Skipping...

so on and so forth for every picture.. then at the end i get:

Unable to insert file projekt-collage.jpg. Skipping...

Successfully imported album 02.29.08 from Gallery2 to Coppermine

any idea what's going on?

kad123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 05:46:34 pm »

Any idea how to get it to work with utf-8? At the start it asks to select albums, the names are like ??????? ???? ??????

The same database works fine with gallery 2.

Thanks

rlernst

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 02:53:40 am »

From reading the script, it appears to me that both gallery2 and coppermine must be on the same server.  We are setting up a new web site/domain and have clean installs of all of our software.  If I assume correctly that both gallery2 and coppermine need to be on the same server, how hard would it be to tweak the script to pull the photos from another server?  Or, would I need to install coppermine on the old server, then convert the g2 to coppermine, then migrate the data to the new server?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Rich

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 05:35:37 am »

how hard would it be to tweak the script to pull the photos from another server?

I don't think importing will be possible when two galleries are on different servers. So, the only option is to import the photos to Copperemine on old server and then migrate CPG to new server.
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

rogerfrost

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 02:06:45 am »

Hey that mod is simply awesome...was amazing to watch and see all the "green messages" saying pics were imported.

Thanks again,  Simple Great Work  ;)

Regards

Roger

brr

• Tester
  • Coppermine novice
    • BRR
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 09:43:02 pm »

As kad123 I also got problems with the character set. Both my Gallery2 and Coppermine installations use UTF-8. When I try to convert I get problems with the Norwegian letters æøå / ÆØÅ. I get some strange characters.

I tried to change the character settings in Coppermine to ISO-8859-1. This gave Norwegian characters in the imported albums, but now I got problems with Norwegian characters in menus and albums manually made.

Hopefully someone has a solution?

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen, Norway - http://www.brr.no/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 03:33:48 pm »

Don't! Don't switch Coppermine to any other, proprietary encoding like iso8859-1. Keep utf-8!

nitindhende

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 11:46:31 pm »

I second this .. I have the same trouble it just imports the albums and not the pics? is it perms setting on the albums folder? or its not fetching the data properly?

Any insights?

\Nitin/

i am having a problem with this script..

i have all the info set up correctly, but when i go to do an import, it makes the directory, but fails to insert the file.. here's part of the log..

so on and so forth for every picture.. then at the end i get:

any idea what's going on?

edjon2000

• Coppermine newbie
    • Advantage 2009
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 02:52:33 am »

Thanks for an excellent convertor Aditya

It all seems to have worked fine with my Gallery 2.3 conversion to to cpg 1.4.20

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 07:55:24 am »

It all seems to have worked fine with my Gallery 2.3 conversion to to cpg 1.4.20
Thanks for your report. Any particular reason for using the outdated cpg1.4.20 and not the currently supported stable release cpg1.4.21?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:52:14 pm by Joachim Müller »

edjon2000

• Coppermine newbie
    • Advantage 2009
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 11:10:12 am »

Hi Joachim,

The reason for using CPG 1.4.20 is simply because it is the most up to date version available from my web hosting company at the moment, for a first look at Coppermine I used their Fantastico installation for speed, if Coppermine is as good at it appears to be, I will most certainly remove that installation and manually install the most recent version, I will also include the Coppermine DB tables in my main database rather than, as with most Fantastico Installations in a separate database.

For reference Cpg is located at www.euadvantage.com/cpm and as stated before, my old Gallery for now is still available at www.euadvantage.com/gallery2

Thanks again for your and Phill's help with this, I will, no doubt, have a few more newbie questions when I become more familiar with Cpg, probably to do with integration into my site etc.

Jon

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 09:02:57 pm »

Hi, I am sorry if I have hujacked your thread, but I'm having problems with the mod. I have installed it, and it does work, but my problem is, I have users on my gallery, that I'm converting pictures from their Galleries on Gallery2 to Coppermine. The actual ftp'ing with this tool, works really quickly, but it puts all the pictures into the albums folder, and I cannot transfer them to the users galleries. Does anybody know how I can transfer the pictures over from the album folder to the individual users gallery?

Thank you.

John

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 01:18:55 pm »

Don't spread your identical issues over multiple threads. You already have an open thread on this issue, don't double-post nor cross-post!

kclem

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 01:07:39 am »

Problem with conversion.
-----------------------
File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\coppermine\cpg14x\include\functions.inc.php - Line: 250
While executing query "INSERT INTO cpg14x_pictures
(aid, filepath, filename, filesize, total_filesize, pwidth, pheight, ctime, owner_id, owner_name, title, caption, keywords, approved, user1, user2, user3, user4, pic_raw_ip, pic_hdr_ip, position, hits) VALUES
('16', 'xxxx/', 'DSC02040.JPG', '51231', '74409', '640', '480', '1242683987', '1', 'user','Gallery Admin during a more sober moment', '', '', 'YES', '', '', '', '', '127.0.0.1', '127.0.0.1', '', '0')" on 0

mySQL error:
-------------------------------
When I execute the above query into MySql it presents this message
----------
Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'position' at row 1
---------
I corrected this by not having '' (NULL) in the 'position' value but replacing with 0. This may be an issue starting with mysql 5.
This added the photo.

I have not investigated script that caused this.

However, I would like to get the converter to add all user information and credentials. How do I do this?

Very new to Coppermine as my hosting compnay is complaining Gallery2 uses too many Php cycles!

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 08:31:09 am »

@kclem - Thanks for reporting the SQL error. Updated the converter accordingly.

However, I would like to get the converter to add all user information and credentials. How do I do this?
Currently there is no way to do this. The converter can just fetch the albums, photo and its comments.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:36:16 am by Aditya Mooley »

Nicko1981

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 06:56:59 pm »

I second this .. I have the same trouble it just imports the albums and not the pics? is it perms setting on the albums folder? or its not fetching the data properly?

Any insights?

\Nitin/

I've got the same problem as the other 2 guys further up; albums created but no pictures transferred.

The script also does not recreate the nesting of albums from Gallery2; and I think has problems with albums that have the same title. Is there a way to alter the script to name albums with their gallerry2 unique names?

Additionally; in my gallery config file I have $storeConfig['type'] = 'mysqlt'; having this in the import_gallery2.php file caused an error saying only mysql was supported; so I changed it back to $storeConfig['type'] = 'mysql'; could this be an issue?

pontello

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 01:36:50 am »

Hi,
I've got a problem, I'm corverting Gallery2 to the last coppermine, but my gallery is very large, approx 42000 photos. The script made a timeout error after importing 6 albums and 50 photos...
The memory per script is 64 mb
There is a solution?

thanks

Luca

pontello

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 11:52:05 am »

Hi,
I've got a problem, I'm corverting Gallery2 to the last coppermine, but my gallery is very large, approx 42000 photos. The script made a timeout error after importing 6 albums and 50 photos...
The memory per script is 64 mb
There is a solution?

thanks

Luca

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 06:23:02 am »

Well, no perfect answer for this as I never had a chance to test the script with so many photos. But it should obviously not fail after 50 photos. Try importing a single album with maximum number of photos and see what happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.