Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add IPTC data into Coppermine's database  (Read 17056 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Add IPTC data into Coppermine's database
« on: March 04, 2006, 01:44:07 pm »

rehmaster has written a tool that re-reads IPTC data from all pics within a particular album and writes the object description data found inside the IPTC meta-data into Coppermine's database (title and caption fields).
Originally, he has posted his mod in the German support board (thread "Probleme bei den Bild-Informationen"). I modified it slightly to respect admin privileges (users mustn't run this tool) and come embedded into Coppermine's user interface.
Credits for this mod go to rehmaster.

Caveats:
  • There's no additional prompt if there already is data in the coppermine fields - once the tool is triggered to loop through an album, the existing fields entries in coppermine are being replaced with the data from IPTC. Only use this tool if you know what you're doing!
  • The IPTC2db tool doesn't use Coppermine's mySQl connection settings, but establishes it's own connection to the database
  • The tool comes as user contribution without being thoroughly tested and therefor goes largely unsupported

Instructions:
  • Download the attachment iptc2db.zip
  • Unzip the file into the root folder of your local copy of your Coppermine files
  • Upload the file iptc2db.php to the root folder of your Coppermine install on your webserver
  • Run the file in your browser - you have to be logged in as admin. Example: http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/iptc2db.php
  • Follow the instructions on the screen (see screenshots)

It's safe to leave the file on the server, as it can't be run by non-admins.

Joachim

proshot

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Add IPTC data into Coppermine's database
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 03:06:19 pm »

Hallo, gaugau:
Ich habe Deine modifizierte Datei installiert, kann aber kein Album anwählen, obwohl es angezeigt wird!?

IPTC ist leider auch nicht gleich IPTC.
Die Feldzuordnungen differieren leider stark. z.B Photoshop CS und ACDSEE 8 pro.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:08:56 pm »

for the benefit of all, only English is allowed on this sub-board. I didn't write the mod, I just posted it (as suggested above). I won't look into this, as I don't have the necessary software.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 10:09:27 am »

don't edit out nor delete your replies to existing threads, it makes subsequent postings that refer to them look silly! I restored the posting you deleted. Don't force me to add even more moderation replies to this particular thread, as it clutters the thread! >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.