Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: upload not working  (Read 3202 times)

sharky

• Coppermine novice
[Solved]: upload not working
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:32:46 am »

hi guys! i went trough the troubleshooting, all settings are correct, and the troubleshooting does not give teh answer.

i am on a win2003 IIS6 dedicated server. all settings are fine, but when i try to upload a filetype that is not jpg, the upload is not working. the upload page keeps loading forever (until it times out). jpgs work fine. bigger files somehow dont get uploaded.

any ideas on how to solve?

thank you

igor
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:21:32 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: upload not working
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:36:07 am »

any ideas on how to solve?
Yes: re-read the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. Continue reading the section "asking for support on upload issues". Do as suggested there. If you don't, we won't be able to help you.

sharky

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 05:52:54 pm »

http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery

testuser/testuser

internet explorer times out, firefox doesnt upload (only with big files. small ones work)

thanks

sharky

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 06:00:05 pm »

edit button is gone in this forum..

wanted to add: to replicate the problem try to uplaod a 20 mb clip with IE and FF.

thanks

igor

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 07:21:24 pm »

edit button is gone in this forum..
Edit button has been removed on purpose due to abuse in the past. We don't want you to edit your postings.

wanted to add: to replicate the problem try to uplaod a 20 mb clip with IE and FF.
20 MB is a silly file-size to try using http uploads - it's totally expectable that such huge files time out. Don't upload such files using http uploads. You (as admin) should use FTP-upload plus batch-add.

only with big files. small ones work
You should have said so before. If small files work and big files don't, then you're running into server- and/or client-sided restrictions that you won't be able to fix. If medium-sized files work OK (say: 3 MB), then be happy.

Marking thread as solved.

sharky

• Coppermine novice
Re: [Solved]: upload not working
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:19:31 pm »

it worked when we were on the old server..

i know that as admin i should upload via ftp, but what about users? how should they upload?

Enterfrize

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 10:27:31 pm »

I think you are declaring this thread as solved before properly diagnosing the problem.

We used the Coppermine Gallery on a shared hosting platform before, and it worked fine with large files.  What happened in that case was when we hit 300 seconds or 5 minutes, the script would die because of host limitations (I'm guessing a PHP timeout).  The modem lights would flash rapidly or stay solid on demonstrating that there was an actual transfer happening.

In this scenario, when we choose to upload, the file transfer just hangs - it doesn't start.  So, what is different between the two scenarios that one transfer happens (though doesn't complete), and another transfer doesn't even start?

This is where our concern is, and I don't think HTTP protocol is the limiting factor here.  Do you or the other members here have some ideas on this?

Regards,
Enterfrize

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 11:23:46 am »

This is a matter of server setup that is beyond of the scope of this support board. We can tell you about coppermine, but we can't tell you how to configure your webserver. There is a load of configuration settings (IIS conf as well as PHP conf) that need to be taken into account. Uploads work in the first place (with smaller sized files), so coppermine works as expected. The rest is up to you. You're welcome to search this board for previous discussions on webserver setup and what php.ini settings need to be taken into account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.